Healing/boosters are way too OP atm(lack of creativity)

Dohko

Just started pvp a few days back and I've got to say I'm seeing way too many chansey/blissey teams along with some boosters. Blissey alone is a pain in the rear and snorlax imo is about the hardest poke to fight when it starts boosting and resting. My question is why not focus on bringing in some moves like focus blast and fixing moves like destiny bond and heal block to curve these teams. Just an opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

About curselax, there are quite a few ways to deal with it that are already implemented and working : haze, dragon tail, roar to reset the boost count. Other than that, i can only advise you to carry 1/2 fighting moves users in your team (everything that can use close combat or superpower with a decent atk stat can do it), in the current meta it's the only way to deal with defensive blissey and snorlax. Specially defensive blissey isnt an issue at all, getting even 2hko by a 0 spatk slowbro's psyshock. Carrying psyshock on strong special attackers like alakazam or starmie can also be a good way to deal with both blissey/snorlax and skarmory.

104589 About curselax, there are quite a few ways to deal with it that are already implemented and working : haze, dragon tail, roar to reset the boost count. Other than that, i can only advise you to carry 1/2 fighting moves users in your team (everything that can use close combat or superpower with a decent atk stat can do it), in the current meta it's the only way to deal with defensive blissey and snorlax. Specially defensive blissey isnt an issue at all, getting even 2hko by a 0 spatk slowbro's psyshock. Carrying psyshock on strong special attackers like alakazam or starmie can also be a good way to deal with both blissey/snorlax and skarmory.

I dont think i've encountered any entirely sp def trained blissey's yet, always bold or at least max evs invested in def. A psyshock from my modest 252 ev, 31 iv togekiss doesnt do more than 30%... yea no stab but still, with 370+ sp atk thats sad :| I'm not saying curselax and blissey are unbeatable, but changes like choice items / encore / trick / destiny bond / etc would even out pvp a lot more and make a lot more pokemon viable. Oh i just remembered, one person i battled used blissey to tank my azumaril (adamant, huge power...) no belly drum or superpower though (blissey was faster so it just uses softboiled to heal up any dmg it took from aqua tail or play rough, which was around 50-60%). Kinda demoralizing when that happens..

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

104589 About curselax, there are quite a few ways to deal with it that are already implemented and working : haze, dragon tail, roar to reset the boost count. Other than that, i can only advise you to carry 1/2 fighting moves users in your team (everything that can use close combat or superpower with a decent atk stat can do it), in the current meta it's the only way to deal with defensive blissey and snorlax. Specially defensive blissey isnt an issue at all, getting even 2hko by a 0 spatk slowbro's psyshock. Carrying psyshock on strong special attackers like alakazam or starmie can also be a good way to deal with both blissey/snorlax and skarmory.

I dont think i've encountered any entirely sp def trained blissey's yet, always bold or at least max evs invested in def. A psyshock from my modest 252 ev, 31 iv togekiss doesnt do more than 30%... yea no stab but still, with 370+ sp atk thats sad :| I'm not saying curselax and blissey are unbeatable, but changes like choice items / encore / trick / destiny bond / etc would even out pvp a lot more and make a lot more pokemon viable. Oh i just remembered, one person i battled used blissey to tank my azumaril (adamant, huge power...) no belly drum or superpower though (blissey was faster so it just uses softboiled to heal up any dmg it took from aqua tail or play rough, which was around 50-60%). Kinda demoralizing when that happens..

Im running superpower on Azumarill and enough speed EV to outspeed 31IV-4EV speed Blisseys so i pretty much never had this problem as long as Azumarill was healthy enough to tank one seismic toss. About spdef Blisseys, yes they are rare, because they are obviously way worst than their def counterpart. I agree about the items tho, choice items, life orb, flame orb/ toxic orb are really needed to open up the possibilities. But i think we can say the same about bugged abilities/moves and not implemented pokes, this will take time.

Guest eethan

blissey's and snorlax are not a problem to me in pvp. I suggest you join a good guild. they have tons a of ways to counter stallers/healers. :Shy:

110401 blissey's and snorlax are not a problem to me in pvp. I suggest you join a good guild. they have tons a of ways to counter stallers/healers. :Shy:

Iv'e developed my own xd but yeah they are just a nuisance. I personally don't use blissey/lax/skarmory for that matter, don't know if I should tbh.

• 5 weeks later...