Bosses

Griserious

Many a times it happens that bosses uses not very effective moves or moves which doesn't affects the opponent even though there are super effective and neutral moves in their moveset. Don't have any proofs for now but I'll list down the boss and the mons which used those kind of moves.

Pewdie - starmie used hp fire against my slowbro, alakazam used hp ice against my slowbro

Xylos - mewtwo used drain punch against my slowbro (all moves are not very effective here but psystrike would do more dmg as it is a stab, if it can be made to use moves depending on that)

Eldir - zekrom used outrage against my clefable

If I find the same with other bosses will add that too

Hope that helps and it gets fixed soon :)

Edited by Griserious

Many a times it happens that bosses uses not very effective moves or moves which doesn't affects the opponent even though there are super effective and neutral moves in their moveset. Don't have any proofs for now but I'll list down the boss and the mons which used those kind of moves.

Pewdie - starmie used hp fire against my slowbro, alakazam used hp ice against my slowbro

Xylos - mewtwo used drain punch against my slowbro (all moves are not very effective here but psystrike would do more dmg as it is a stab, if it can be made to use moves depending on that)

Eldir - zekrom used outrage against my clefable

If I find the same with other bosses will add that too

Hope that helps and it gets fixed soon :)

Sad news if true. Makes the bosses harder not easier sadly so not sure should be changed. Especially if it's not every move and there is some RNG element

• Like 1

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

Allsmell, I think you mean it makes the boss easier and not harder as when it uses not very effective moves it is beneficial for us

I ment harder, the more predictable a boss is the easier it is to beat,

Point of instance 1; Currntly Erikas Ferrothorn has explosion, If you use a scizor vs it, it never uses Explosion under 'Dont use uneffective moves rule'. But scizor will get trounced by volcarona, not to mention if you have applied negative stats to ferrothorn that all dissapears for volcarona.

Point of instance 2: not very effective move has 2ndry effect that could cripple your stratergy (confusion/burn/toxic/para). If there is an RNG chance to still use this move Boss is harder

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

Hello,

bosses on hard mode are adapting to the player's pokemon.

Maybe you had some pokemon with immunity abilities (e.g. Flash Fire, Water Absorb, etc.) in your party?

kind regards

Yeah I had a bronzong with ability levitate in my team but would it affect the mon which is taking part in the battle

Like the slowbro which is hit by hp ice even though alakazam has shadow ball in his moveset

I ment harder, the more predictable a boss is the easier it is to beat,

Point of instance 1; Currntly Erikas Ferrothorn has explosion, If you use a scizor vs it, it never uses Explosion under 'Dont use uneffective moves rule'. But scizor will get trounced by volcarona, not to mention if you have applied negative stats to ferrothorn that all dissapears for volcarona.

Point of instance 2: not very effective move has 2ndry effect that could cripple your stratergy (confusion/burn/toxic/para). If there is an RNG chance to still use this move Boss is harder

hmm I see

Just checked Pro wiki, alakazam has around 7 moves and 4 moves are generated randomly during the battle and that could be the reason it wasnt using shadow ball or signal beam, and was using hidden power. Sames goes with starmie.

So now only Eldir boss' zekrom needs to be looked upon I guess.