Pvp related

Animesh3011

As kyurem was added in recent xmas event, it provided us with another option to use in pvp.

But, as it is weak to stealth rocks, and one of the most common moves= bullet punch, that ohkoes it after rocks, only way it can counter those is by hp fire.

Now, as scizors are use a lot in pvp, even machpunches are a lot out there, and many more weaknesses for kyurem, it doesnt make that good option to use in pvp.

Now if its black form can be added, it will make it slightly more bulky and give an option to use it with bigger movepool.

It will be still weaker to common moves, like band bullet from scizors will kill it after rocks (just a small ex) but it will make it better in offensive way to use and it is even OU in SM XY etc

Kyurem-Black and base Kyurem have extremely similar defensive stats (125 HP and 100/90 Def). It is also normal for a Pokémon to have checks/counters. That's the way to balance out the meta. It does not make Kyurem a bad PvP option. You can pair it up with Magnezone if Scizor is a nuisance. A Pokémon is not expected to be able to handle every threat (although top-tier Pokémon like Manaphy have options to deal with most things). Another Pokémon can be used to handle Mach Punch/Fighting-types (perhaps Clefable, to form a Dragon-Steel-Fairy core).

Having said that, I do think that new legendary additions would be most welcome. Kyurem-Black, which was really good in Gen 6 and Gen 7, would definitely be top-tier in PRO. I don't think all legendary additions have to be top-tier, but it's fine, as long as there are no unhealthy Pokémon being allowed in PvP. Would Kyurem-Black be broken in the current meta? Physically offensive Kyurem-Black can surprise specially defensive Pokémon like Chansey and Gastrodon with Outrage; the Choice Scarf set can nail usually faster threats; Earth Power can hit Heatran and Magnezone; HP Fire can hit Scizor and Ferrothorn; Clefable can handle most sets with the right EV spread, but Iron Head/Flash Cannon can nail it on the switch. Depending on their sets, Jirachi, Conkeldurr, and Metagross can check Kyurem-Black.

Kyurem-Black is also not easily revenge killed if it is healthy, as its good defenses can allow it to stomach some hits. This is also the case with base Kyurem, although Kyurem-Black has 10 more Def points. It is weak to hazards (Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes). It is relatively slow when not carrying a Choice Scarf and can be abused when Choice-locked.

While I don't think that Kyurem-Black would be absurdly overpowered in the current meta, I do think that it would be overcentralizing. You would probably need to have 2 checks to it. Overall, I think that a case can be made in favor of adding Kyurem-Black to the game. However, base Kyurem is perfectly viable. It is a good Pokémon. It is ranked lower than Kyurem-Black on Smogon because it is outclassed by it. However, it always managed to maintain an OU niche. Base Kyurem is even better with Substitute and Roost, allowing it to beat Chansey with Earth Power. Right now, a Choice Specs set can be really hard to switch into, but it will always be walled by Chansey due to lack of Substitute.

I do think that Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Volcanion, and base Hoopa would be good additions.

Edited by Jorogumo

Indoor-Fishh.png