Damage taken when digging underground

Sd19890623

Hello guys

I'm using a Machamp with No Guard ability. I learnt Dig move from TM.

My Machamp takes damage from all types of attack move in the first round of digging, which is weird. I suppose this should not happen unless move such as earthquake.

Could someone help me figure out is this a bug or something else?

Cheers

104722 Hello guys

I'm using a Machamp with No Guard ability. I learnt Dig move from TM.

My Machamp takes damage from all types of attack move in the first round of digging, which is weird. I suppose this should not happen unless move such as earthquake.

Could someone help me figure out is this a bug or something else?

Cheers

Maybe the problem is No Guard ability

104724 Maybe because Machamp is slow pokemon and opponent hits before Machamp diggs himself into ground?

Probably that.

If you're faster, you dig in first, evade the attack. Then 2nd turn you dig out first, and get hit by the attack.

If you're slower, you get hit by the attack, then you dig in. And in the 2nd turn, you'll evade the attack, and dig out to hit.

104724 Maybe because Machamp is slow pokemon and opponent hits before Machamp diggs himself into ground?

Probably that.

If you're faster, you dig in first, evade the attack. Then 2nd turn you dig out first, and get hit by the attack.

If you're slower, you get hit by the attack, then you dig in. And in the 2nd turn, you'll evade the attack, and dig out to hit.

In my scenario, I'm always the faster party, so this might be a wrong guess. (this can be testfied by my first move with other skills)

I think the problem should be related to no guard. Though ATM I don`t have resource to find another machamp not being "no guard" but with digging move, I do have a sandslash with digging and it's never taking any damage underground.

I still consider this to be a bug technically, as according to move description, this should not make user a must-hit target anyway.

Any GM would like to submit this to Shane for future version development?

Thanks