Static Outside Battle Ability

Greenlink1st

PRO Username: GreenLink

Do you have active membership?: Yes

Your knowledge about PRO: Basic Knowledge

What have you done before the problem was there?

Constantly looking for a Pikachu.

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Nothing.

Description and Message

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement Static's Outside Battle ability where "if a Pokémon with Static is leading the party, then there is a 50% chance the game will force an encounter with an Electric-type Pokémon, if one is possible." - Quoted from Bulbapedia.

This would really help out all of us trying to find a Pikachu or any Electric-Type Pokemon.

Could this be applied in future updates?

So let me make a quick suggestion based on what Zero posted. (These are just ideas, don't care one way or another if they were actually implimented).

1. Suction Cups - I don't see any reason why this ability couldn't have the out of battle effect or something similar. (Maybe it has something to do with how fishing is coded in general so I don't know) The out of battle effect could be something as simple as "Fishing with the Super Rod makes fishing 100% successful". So you use your Super Rod, and always get an encounter on the rod rather than spamming the hotkey to fish over and over. I don't see any reason why this can't be implimented as having a suction cups pokemon out front means you cannot Sync for the pokemon you are fishing for and doesn't give you any tangible benefit other than a small amount of time saving. So this is really a eh whatever kind of thing.

2. Amulet Coin - This is a hot button issue with a lot of people, and I think I have a way to have this thing be of use, but I don't know. You could allow the amulet coin to set a "floor" for all money gained facing wild pokemon. So every pokemon you face in the wild would be guaranteed to drop at least X amount of poke. You don't increase the amount of poke gained, this would just reduce the number of times you get a very low poke reward. The floor could be as low as you like.

Example: With amulet coin equipped every wild pokemon battle gives out no less than 25 poke. (the 25 can be set to however low/high the devs think would be reaosnable without giving too much a benefit) This idea can also be extended to the move "Payday".

I don't know those are 2 ideas that came to my head while reading this a little bit.

105235 So let me make a quick suggestion based on what Zero posted. (These are just ideas, don't care one way or another if they were actually implimented).

1. Suction Cups - I don't see any reason why this ability couldn't have the out of battle effect or something similar. (Maybe it has something to do with how fishing is coded in general so I don't know) The out of battle effect could be something as simple as "Fishing with the Super Rod makes fishing 100% successful". So you use your Super Rod, and always get an encounter on the rod rather than spamming the hotkey to fish over and over. I don't see any reason why this can't be implimented as having a suction cups pokemon out front means you cannot Sync for the pokemon you are fishing for and doesn't give you any tangible benefit other than a small amount of time saving. So this is really a eh whatever kind of thing.

2. Amulet Coin - This is a hot button issue with a lot of people, and I think I have a way to have this thing be of use, but I don't know. You could allow the amulet coin to set a "floor" for all money gained facing wild pokemon. So every pokemon you face in the wild would be guaranteed to drop at least X amount of poke. You don't increase the amount of poke gained, this would just reduce the number of times you get a very low poke reward. The floor could be as low as you like.

Example: With amulet coin equipped every wild pokemon battle gives out no less than 25 poke. (the 25 can be set to however low/high the devs think would be reaosnable without giving too much a benefit) This idea can also be extended to the move "Payday".

I don't know those are 2 ideas that came to my head while reading this a little bit.

1. Would make a fishing bot easier to make.

2. Is just along the same lines of breeding in the chance to be implemented. Which is Zero.

nlNkl1e.png