Remove Hypnosis from Safari EV Spot Poliwrath

Rimanmblo

I recently do EV training in Safari zone, and realized poliwrath sometimes use hypnosis which make my ev training wasted

can you make it unable to use hypnosis? I don't hope much tho, but if this is become reality I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the good entertainment

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi rimanmblo,

Unfortunately, all wild Pokemon must use their default moveset, that is, their last 4 level-up moves. We have been avoiding unwanted moves such as self-harming moves and item steal moves by manipulating the levels of the Pokemon, but in the case of Poliwrath, because of the shallow level-up movepool of stone evolution Pokemon, removing Hypnosis would require to bump its level to 43, which would cause different problems as you can imagine. As such, we believe that the current state is the best possible for now.

Hi rimanmblo,

Unfortunately, all wild Pokemon must use their default moveset, that is, their last 4 level-up moves. We have been avoiding unwanted moves such as self-harming moves and item steal moves by manipulating the levels of the Pokemon, but in the case of Poliwrath, because of the shallow level-up movepool of stone evolution Pokemon, removing Hypnosis would require to bump its level to 43, which would cause different problems as you can imagine. As such, we believe that the current state is the best possible for now.

If I may give a suggestion, why not just replace Poliwrath with Klinklang, another +3 Def EV pokemon that doesn't have the Hypnosis issue?

Klinklang isn't exactly a meta Pokemon due to lack of good movepool and good ability, it's not even as good as Poliwrath.

And even though it's not a Kanto Pokemon, we already have Dustox, a Hoenn Pokemon, in Effort Wald 1. So putting another non-Kanto in Effort Wald 2 shouldn't be an issue, right?

Yes, we don't want to use a Pokemon of a higher tier since players are able to catch the Pokemon available there, and unfortunately, the only two low tier Pokemon that offer 3 Defense EVs are Poliwrath and Golem, both of which are not ideal to fight.

We have had discussions regarding preventing the player to catch the Pokemon inside, but there are many issues that arises with our currently possible solutions. The main one is the shiny chances that we cannot disable. While we could theorically remove all Pokeballs, players would still potentially encounter shiny Pokemon and be unable to catch them, which we're sure many people would really not be happy about. And if we try to make a system where only the shinies can be taken out of the area, not only are there risks of being able to smuggle out non-shiny pokemon, it would also largely increase the shiny ratio of the available Pokemon inside to undesired levels.

While we are at it, would it also be possible to switch the SPDEF and SPATK ev spots? It's really annoying having to waste time to go back and forth for certain pokemon. Also isn't it supposed to be seperated in defensive and offensive evs anyway?

Personally I still don't think anyone would seriously want to hunt Klinklang over Klink even if Klinklang is tier 1, both due to pokedex reason, and due to the exp system in PRO.

And since Klinklang is not a good meta Pokemon, usually the only reason you'll want to hunt one is for the pokedex, and for that you better hunt Klink, so you can get evolution data as well. At least, that's my own opinion.

But not wanting to put a higher tier Pokemon there as tier 1 is understandable. Especially since Klink and Klinklang would have such a jarringly massive difference in tier. And between Golem and Poliwrath I'm glad the staffs choose Poliwrath, as Sturdy on Golem would've been far more annoying.

• 8 months later...