New server and reasons why one should be made.

Cryptix

Hey there,

So I've noticed when trying to log into the game, myself and several other players (over 500 to be exact) have been having difficulty entering the game due to the high amount of players currently playing, so long that I myself have been waiting well over a half hour to enter.

Now, to fix this problem I suggest making another server, and if you're worried about how you might pay for that it's simple.

It's just like any android online game you've ever played that has a server stack.

You currently have well over 2300 people, givertake playing your game.

If you were to make another server, the idea of players being able to start fresh, with an even playing field would be ecstatic.

Players wanting to get a jump on everyone else, having membership being able to get pokemon someone else might not be able to, have a mount to move faster giving range to progress faster then others.

Now if you think about it, that's roughly 5 - 10$ a person that wants to do so. I myself would be spending 10$ to do so.

So with the amount of people buying in for a jump start, I'm 100% sure you'd have no problem paying for the server Fee with the 100's - 1000's of dollars being donated within minutes of it being up.

On another note, I may not be a genius when it comes to C#, but im pretty sure all you'd have to do is do the same thing you did when making the current server, copying the script from that, make another accessible server in the login screen (which im sure wouldn't be hard to do judging by how much has been accomplished already in this game) pasting the server script under that. Take the games script and paste it under your new server and that'd be about it. But again, I'm not sure how the C# programming works so it's complete speculation.

But that's about all I can think of, I could be spiting this right out of my #$% and everything here would be impossible, but it's just a suggestion. Take it as you will.

Sincerely yours - Cryptix :y:

The queue used to be insane in the past. Now its prety decent at any time.

The only big problem is weekends where we can see 1200+ queues.

A new server or more server slots would be great but its not a high priority in my opinion. Staff said all their time is going into Hoenn update, and there are so many basic things to be fixed ingame like attacks and abilities not working properly.

Fair enough, people are expecting that Hoenn is going to be released sometime at the end of this month, beginning of next.

I'm more leaning towards an after project. And as for bugs being found, all they would have to do is fix the script, switch their secondary server and fix that same line of code.

109270 Fair enough, people are expecting that Hoenn is going to be released sometime at the end of this month, beginning of next.

I'm more leaning towards an after project. And as for bugs being found, all they would have to do is fix the script, switch their secondary server and fix that same line of code.

Doesn't work this way.

nlNkl1e.png

Personally I would be server before updates but I'm not staff :P. But, there are also probably less people who can actually work on the server it self than there are that can work on content so it's not like both can't be done.

I don't know if another separate server is the answer though. It's not like being late hurts you in pokemon. The level 100 limit isn't going to change, rates aren't going to change, there is no real advantage to everyone starting over.

i dont think "money" is an issue if they add a new server, my guess is the admin/staff is trying to be in low profile, if they add a "new server" meaning the game already pass the "Beta" stage, and if its already pass the "Beta" stage its no longer a "Fan-made" game, and if its no longer a "Fan-made" the game "PRO" will ROOOAARRRRR though out the internet and since Nintendo own the Pokemon copy rights, the PRO cant be called "Official", and then Nintendo will notice it that the creator of PRO is making profit without there approval, and the Nintendo will invoke their rights "Pokémon Copyright © 1995 - 2016 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK Inc." and the game will shutdown :( so i guess its better to wait in queue and hope for server stability rather than a new server.

The point is, you can log in during a weekend and look at the queue, it'll be big.

However, you log in during a weekday and there's a good few hundred spaces; the issue is either the game gets too crowded all on one plane or the game gets too sparse with multiple servers, plus there's other issues to be looked into such as cross-server battling etc, it's not all fun and games, and isn't as easy as to snap your fingers and it happens.

shqhK5q.png

109263 Now if you think about it, that's roughly 5 - 10$ a person that wants to do so. I myself would be spending 10$ to do so.

So with the amount of people buying in for a jump start, I'm 100% sure you'd have no problem paying for the server Fee with the 100's - 1000's of dollars being donated within minutes of it being up.

I agree. I think they could improve the maximun players capacity!