Team Rocket Hideout Reward

Pretentious

1. 1.

If you've made it past Celadon City, then you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, and you don't want to be spoiled, then please don't read this topic. :D

What does everyone think about receiving Espeon as their reward for completing the TR Hideout quest?

Since this is an essential part of the storyline, every single player will have an Espeon once they get past that point.

In my opinion, this really hurts the value of a desirable Pokemon... but should it be changed? If so, how?

Should the Espeon be replaced with Eevee?

What kind of an impact would that have on Eevee's desirability?

Should the player even receive a Pokemon?

Should the player receive an item instead?

Can you think of anything else?

Discuss.

I don't really care if a change is made or not; I just want to see a discussion and read your opinions. Thanks!

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

I actually like the idea of getting Eevee instead of Espeon, I know it tied into the manga (espeon) but it does make it lose it's value in the game, and I think more people would appreciate the eevee more as it would add versatality to their team.

Eevee will still be desirable because of it's different useful forms/evolutions as well as the chance of unwanted ivs.

RocketR.gif 218691_trainercard-AztecWarrior.png

I think the player should receive an Eevee because the experiment is based on evolving Eevee. Espeon just happens to be a random Eeveelution. I think it does kill the value of Espeon, and if everyone received an Eevee, then the value will be spread throughout all the Eeveelutions. Plus then the player gets to pick which Eeveelution he/she wants (before grinding in the Safari Zone)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX50HvhXx182ANOBZ-jCYoEu1oiOOg5-X9zjXvybOhmoji1V72

Hello, and thank you for raising up this discussion.

I've intended to re-examine this myself, as this has been considered an almost haphazardly selected resource and is reasonably untenable in that viewpoint. With the anticipative release of the game within horizontal eyeshot, the window is closing for a sensible time to change in, especially in regards to all the aftereffects of changing it once Espeon has been (hypothetically) rewarded to players already post-release; therefore, there is no better time to re-examine it than now.

Yes, I have selected Espeon mainly for lore-related reasons—that is, as a nod to the protagonistic Eevee in the manga. As the framework of the script's storyline was inspired by a Team Rocket subplot of the anime, I've intended to underscore that very element of the questwork by rewarding the centerpiece of it in the Espeon.

One would espouse, however, that economic factors, such as the theoretical erosion of Espeon's price, should outbalance, if not work hand-in-hand, with the value of lore-related elements infused in the quest; as such, I would agree that it would not be worthwhile to reward it in an already-evolved form in Espeon, and now is the time to refine any economic imbalance wherever we can before we actually move into the formational development of the economy post-release.

Effective next reboot, an Eevee will now be rewarded via the Rocket Hideout quest rather than one of its evolutionary branches. It will also be rewarded as a level-5 Eevee, rather than the level-26 form it was initially in, as the level-26 value served no purpose aside from storyline-related purposes (namely, being on the exact level that you battled the Eevee before obtaining it), and that assuredly is a trivial detail compared to how appreciable it'd be to players to start with a low-leveled Eevee.

Thank you for the feedback, and if you have any follow-up suggestions on the recent update (see: previous paragraph), now is the time to raise them up—optimally before the release, as all already-implemented resources will become much more rigid when endless continuity comes into play.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.