Fly and other HM use

Vegeta

I was reading and I had seen that there is some sort of misconception that fly is somehow "unbalanced", please explain how?

For one, you cant fly without the HM, you have to previously visited the town, you have to own a Poke able to learn the move and also a badge "unlocking" the ability to use the move out of battle. So on top of all that why should flying and the use of other HMs be a money sink? It doesnt make any sense to me at all and Ive talked with quite a few people and we all came to the same conclusion.

So can someone please explain what makes the ability to fly unbalanced. Its literally just a way to travel town to town only, and only to places youve already been.

I used to be GymLeaderGreen, VVVV Master Race 4 Lyfe

2YECJDc.png

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean you have to walk it all initially, but having to pay some sort of coinage or in game currency to fly town to town makes no sense. Now having coins to fly to special areas or to specific routes or whatever would be fine cause its something special that you wouldn't normally have the ability to do.

I used to be GymLeaderGreen, VVVV Master Race 4 Lyfe

2YECJDc.png

Fly is still in debate, but is not a priority at the moment.

The reason for the debate is Fly can take away the necessity of items such as Escape Rope, Potions, Revives, Ether, etc. When you are grind training in a far away place, the system needs those items to be used, otherwise their value will go way down.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX50HvhXx182ANOBZ-jCYoEu1oiOOg5-X9zjXvybOhmoji1V72

Our discussion is leaning towards putting in a transport method using fly, but it would not be free. With any MMO setting such as this keeping a good economy is a very important thing. So chances are if fly is implemented you will be charged to use it.

dweiRlA.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Guest Insanity

Yeah, I really really hope that it doesn't cost currency that you have to pay for with IRL cash though. Because that is kinda greedy tbh, not going to lie and sugarcoat it.

Yeah, I really really hope that it doesn't cost currency that you have to pay for with IRL cash though. Because that is kinda greedy tbh, not going to lie and sugarcoat it.

It would be ingame money.

EDIT: probably not ingame money I really don't know tbh.

dweiRlA.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Guest Insanity

I do believe that it should charge you to use fly, but with Pokedollars not those coins that you have to pay for. This supports the idea of a cash sink which I believe is a very good idea.

doesnt really matter if ingame cash or some currency that u can collect ingame just for flying, as long it is not real money.