Fly and other HM use

Vegeta

Fly isn't totally decided yet so we still don't know whether it will be a MS thing or not but as @Arnie said there will be subway station linking from one Pokemon center to another with small cost, so I think this is fair for everyone in a MMO setup.

Arnie posted while I was writing my post and I didn't see it until after.. and you can't edit your posts apparently u_u

what he said is a good idea I think

but you can't "like" posts either. *sigh*

You can thank the poster just like I did :)

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion, fly travel should not be implemented, neither for normal players nor for membership players.

This will just solve all the issue and players wouldn't think that this is a p2w game.

SweetieSerena.gif

[glow=green]

Made by Somes, Killua, mixunli and CarlosAST

<i>[/glow]</i>

Guest DevXDroid

Fly ideally is a great addition if free, but maybe it makes travel a little too easy in an MMO. On the other hand, a subway/teleport system from one city/town to another using reasonable amounts of in-game currency is a great idea.

The problem with fly is that people would effectively be being given free, unlimited travel. The people clamboring to cling on to handheld based experiences seem to forget that this is not a handheld game, this is an MMO. many MMO games charge for long distsnce travel. MMOs also charge for expansions. I have played many f2p subscription optional MMOs to know how they will be successful, and enough MMOs to know how most pokemon mechanics work and translate into an MMO setting.

This is why shortly our pokemon centers are being redesigned to incorporate a subway system so people can travel from center to center. This will obviously incur a small cost, nothing major like 1.5-2k per travel. Obviously in this respect you will need the badge from that one or the next town (in the case of lavender town) however with that and escape ropes will provide sufficient travelling cover for travel.

Im not clamoring to cling to the handheld. I just don't see the benefit of this besides just money in Devs pockets which is fine, but I think there could be more beneficial things that can be done. I get you're trying to make what would usually be useless/valueless items have some value, but escape rope and fly have not the same function. I'm not escape roping a cave and teleporting to a Pokemon center, it takes me out of cave/forest ect and takes me back where I entered. As far as healing goes(potions ect.) Why not get rid of them and ethers and make 1 item that cures HP, Status and PP usage? It would be more desired and would cut down on the need to bother traveling to Pokemon Centers to heal in turn reducing the value of needing to fly. You don't need to bother coding in a subway system when you have fly, which has to be earned to use anyways. Instead of the cannon location, make it to where you have to complete the region and receive the HM from the Champion after the match? At least then youve had to traverse the region quite a bit and earned every badge and beaten that regions league just for the ability to fast travel. I like the idea of unlockables for players who have spent the time to go through all the nooks and cranys and really played the game. This could be a great thing to have in that category because its not exactly essential to the play of the game like surf and strength are, but its nice to have.

TL;DR I dont think it should be introduced cannon, I just dont think you should have to pay to use it either and there are other(more game play oriented) ways that it could be introduced without it killing the use of other items.

I used to be GymLeaderGreen, VVVV Master Race 4 Lyfe

2YECJDc.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bump, not having fly is hindering trading. Its a pain to meet up to trade when we're half a continent apart.

I don't feel that way at all. Paying 2k to move between regions is nothing, even paying additional 2k to get back doesn't hurt that much. I personally always offer to share travel expenses if the second party is required to travel to the region I'm currently at.

After all, you can make enough money to cover your travel expenses after 10 higher level wild pokemon battles or so.

Please stop crying, in most of the MMOs there is no such thing that instant warp travel, you MUST walk around to get from one place to another. In fact the only MMO that comes into my mind with instant travel is Star Trek Online but even there is a 10 min cooldown on it.

There are too many sinkholes in this game. I also would have liked to see the subway system being just a long tunnel like the one from Cerulean to Vermilion, connecting all the cities. Also some underground tunnel to reach islands such as Cinnabar or Cianwood would be helpful or just make the boat travel cost less than the subway.

290pmq8.png