Personal Pallet Town

Dexmoachin

It would be pretty cool if Pallet Town was your own instance. Like you wouldn't be able to see anyone else while in the town. Would add to the whole immersion factor instead of seeing 10 other people in your room and talking to your mom, it would actually be your "story" as a pokemon trainer from a small town, where you encounter other aspiring pokemon trainers.

113002 Well the thing about instancing things is that it requires a ton of work and more than a few people to do. Great idea but I don't think it will be happening.

You say "story" as if it isn't; if you really wanted that, you could go play a real pokemon game to get a single player experience; this is an MMO, the whole point is thousands of players you can see and interact with, not to hide yourself away on your own.

The big thing is (as has been said) instancing is a BIG deal, not only that, if instancing was a thing, there'd be much more extravagant things than just instancing Pallet.

If/when instancing becomes a thing, there'll be much more important things to code over a smaller Pallet.

shqhK5q.png

• 3 weeks later...
112988 It would be pretty cool if Pallet Town was your own instance. Like you wouldn't be able to see anyone else while in the town. Would add to the whole immersion factor instead of seeing 10 other people in your room and talking to your mom, it would actually be your "story" as a pokemon trainer from a small town, where you encounter other aspiring pokemon trainers.

Thats the point, its an MMO. Not some console game.

113002 Well the thing about instancing things is that it requires a ton of work and more than a few people to do. Great idea but I don't think it will be happening.

It wouldn't be an instance. You wouldn't affect the environment any more than you do now so there is no reason to be creating a new instance for every person. All you would be doing is hiding the other players.

112988 It would be pretty cool if Pallet Town was your own instance. Like you wouldn't be able to see anyone else while in the town. Would add to the whole immersion factor instead of seeing 10 other people in your room and talking to your mom, it would actually be your "story" as a pokemon trainer from a small town, where you encounter other aspiring pokemon trainers.

whaaa? you come to play an mmo with these suggestions? :D

dd50b034e2bfdaae6712a520ffb90f0f46cdc719_hq_zpsl3fh3lwz.gif

T̴̝̖̯͉̜̳̋̋̊̐͛̕E̸̢̤̼͈͔͊̃̀̈́̕͠ͅĀ̴̧̻̟̞̣̰̐̿̄͆͂M̴̘̤̣̘̯̺͌̐̃̃̂̑ ̸̞̗̞̘͖̈́͂͛̐́̕ͅP̷͎̹̟̦̮̏̍̋̇̏̅͜Ḻ̵̬̻͙̞̘͗̐̉̔̂̌Ả̴̪̫͓̥̱͐̀͆͜͠͠Ş̷̹̘̹̹͕̈́̓̌͛́̑M̵͖̰̲̟̺̝̓̑͊̂̿̕A̴̡̛͉̫̲͚̼̎̊̎́̇ ̴̧̭͓̱̩͇͒͆̅͗̆̑Ŗ̵̪̼͍͇̲̍́̇͐̒̿U̴̡̖̖̘͇̫̓̐̾̓͊̉L̸͚̻͚̗̺͓̃͆̋͝͝͝Ȩ̶͇̣͖̻̰͒̓̒͛̈́͝Z̵̧̰͔͓̭͖͌̿͌̃́͘ ><*

I wonder why people dislike his suggestion but it actually is a good one in my perspective. He does only say in pallet town for the immersion of the story. Especially if you can't see that Eevee. But I think pallet town is too sensitive for changes atm since it's mostly the portal point from the new area and also after beating e4. I think the suggestion of hiding other players in pallet town instead of creating more instances(which would also require lots of resources if implemented) is a good idea.

Why are guild houses and personal houses accepted yet they do have the same concept? It would require an instance for every guild and an instance for every player respectively.

Migrating to blue server ^^,

what? its not mmo if you dont see players around.. better go play some original games guys and no this..

dd50b034e2bfdaae6712a520ffb90f0f46cdc719_hq_zpsl3fh3lwz.gif

T̴̝̖̯͉̜̳̋̋̊̐͛̕E̸̢̤̼͈͔͊̃̀̈́̕͠ͅĀ̴̧̻̟̞̣̰̐̿̄͆͂M̴̘̤̣̘̯̺͌̐̃̃̂̑ ̸̞̗̞̘͖̈́͂͛̐́̕ͅP̷͎̹̟̦̮̏̍̋̇̏̅͜Ḻ̵̬̻͙̞̘͗̐̉̔̂̌Ả̴̪̫͓̥̱͐̀͆͜͠͠Ş̷̹̘̹̹͕̈́̓̌͛́̑M̵͖̰̲̟̺̝̓̑͊̂̿̕A̴̡̛͉̫̲͚̼̎̊̎́̇ ̴̧̭͓̱̩͇͒͆̅͗̆̑Ŗ̵̪̼͍͇̲̍́̇͐̒̿U̴̡̖̖̘͇̫̓̐̾̓͊̉L̸͚̻͚̗̺͓̃͆̋͝͝͝Ȩ̶͇̣͖̻̰͒̓̒͛̈́͝Z̵̧̰͔͓̭͖͌̿͌̃́͘ ><*