Magikarp would not evolve bug?

Tetsuyama96

Hi there, i have a ha adamant magikarp which i am training up for the mega gyarados but when i try to evolve it in the ev training area it would not give me the prompt despite it leveling it up in two separate instances. I was training the normal magikarp and it was fine but it only affected my hidden ability? could anyone look into that?

Hi there, i have a level 34 ha adamant magikarp which i am training up for the mega gyarados but when i try to evolve it in the ev training area it would not give me the prompt despite it leveling it up in two separate instances. I was training the normal magikarp and it was fine but it only affected my hidden ability? could anyone look into that?

EDIT: it evolved but it was weird as it evolved at level 37 but it should have evolved at level 35

Hi there, i have a ha adamant magikarp which i am training up for the mega gyarados but when i try to evolve it in the ev training area it would not give me the prompt despite it leveling it up in two separate instances. I was training the normal magikarp and it was fine but it only affected my hidden ability? could anyone look into that?

Hi there @Tetsuyama96

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This is a known bug and can happen from time to time. To fix this, simply lose some happiness on your pokemon, which can be done by having it faint, restart the client, and leveling them up again. This should trigger the evolution pup up screen, and you should be able to evolve your pokemon.

Seeing as you were able to evolve your magikarp and the issue has been solved, i'll be locking this thread now. If you have any further issues, please make a new one.

Should you level up your pokemon to level 100 and did not get a prompt to evolve, feel free to request a deleveling in the Deleveling Request Megathread.

Thank you and have a lovely day!