Pokedollars

Cryo23

I'm confused by the reliance on Poke dollars within the game.

In a few different contexts it's understandable for why they are relied on and hard to obtain a decent amount, e.g: The poke mart and trying to Trainers uses items less, and just making the game more realistic in a sense.

What I don't understand is why you need 50k to get the HM Fly or how you need 75k just to get a bike.

Frankly without the bike, It just makes travailing that little more painful (I understand why fly can't be used outside of battle although).

They don't make the game harder, it's just makes it longer than it really needs to be.

If someone could give me an reasonable explanation I'll be more than happy, thank you :)

There really isn't much of a reasonable explanation for the bike really, Hell I'm not sure restricting fly is also reasonable but either way fly is gone mostly so you pay a boatload of money on a subway system to filter out money in the community.

Z519Oj9.png

Moved the topic to correct forum.

These are the money sinks required for the game to develop, as every game needs one.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

113666 they do it that way so that you feel as if to be encouraged to purchase a mount. its smart micro transaction developing on their part

I thought it might of been something like that, so It's understandable.

113668 There really isn't much of a reasonable explanation for the bike really, Hell I'm not sure restricting fly is also reasonable but either way fly is gone mostly so you pay a boatload of money on a subway system to filter out money in the community.

With fly I think it'd just be too easy for players to get place to place and you'd barely see anyone around outside of the citys (plus that they need money)

113670 Moved the topic to correct forum.

These are the money sinks required for the game to develop, as every game needs one.

Yea, it's understandable, at least you're honest about it

I swear someone working on this game has a great grasp of economics all choices involving the pokedollar, even with escape ropes create sink holes that prevent the value of the dollar from depreciating and creating a harder environment to get ahead, and making any purchases less meaningful.

114219 I swear someone working on this game has a great grasp of economics all choices involving the pokedollar, even with escape ropes create sink holes that prevent the value of the dollar from depreciating and creating a harder environment to get ahead, and making any purchases less meaningful.

Indeed. Though economics aside, the gold sink also keeps the value of money stable, preventing people from paying 3 million pokedollars for a shiny Caterpie with no IVs. The concept of money is a very real problem in practically every MMO, yet this game is one of the few that is actually doing it correctly.

I don't understand what you mean by sinkhole? I understand that poke dollar needs to be terminated periodically for the economy to be stable but if more and more Pokemon are being captured anyway doesn't that already create an unsolvable problem for gradual decrease in the general worth of our pokemon?