make many formulas transparent

Lupetto

I don't think they'll ever going to reveal it.

However, ages ago, some players did figure out the formula for "required EXP to level up" in PRO, and realized it involves "Base EXP Yield", something that's in official game is NOT related to "required EXP to level up" at all.

In official games, Base EXP Yield is the base number of exp given by a species of Pokemon when you defeat it in battle.

Basically it's supposed to be the base number of exp received in battle, but for some reason in PRO it's involved in the formula for EXP required to level up.

But it's such an old formula (it has been like that since the beginning of PRO) that's directly tied to PRO's exp system, that I think they can't change that bit without massively changing the system as a whole, so they just don't bother changing it.

Anyway, Base EXP Yield is the main (probably even the only) reason why it takes more EXP for evolved Pokemon to level up in PRO, since evolved Pokemon has higher Base EXP Yield.

Edited by Starlight

9 hours ago, Starlight said:

I don't think they'll ever going to reveal it.

However, ages ago, some players did figure out the formula for "required EXP to level up" in PRO, and realized it involves "Base EXP Yield", something that's in official game is NOT related to "required EXP to level up" at all.

In official games, Base EXP Yield is the base number of exp given by a species of Pokemon when you defeat it in battle.

Basically it's supposed to be the base number of exp received in battle, but for some reason in PRO it's involved in the formula for EXP required to level up.

But it's such an old formula (it has been like that since the beginning of PRO) that's directly tied to PRO's exp system, that I think they can't change that bit without massively changing the system as a whole, so they just don't bother changing it.

Anyway, Base EXP Yield is the main (probably even the only) reason why it takes more EXP for evolved Pokemon to level up in PRO, since evolved Pokemon has higher Base EXP Yield.

but why should they keep secret those formulas? is just something more that we can learn on how this game works.