Servers crashes and PvP

Rednaks

Hello, since the severs are really unstable right now, I would suggest to implement a system like following:
-If the server crashes, neither player lose rating

It's really annoying to lose rating to something out of our control and especially frequently, I know many players who quit the game (it was my case for almost all February) even tho almost everyone loves the game. 
I hope this could be done asap, it became frustrating to play PRO to be honest.
Thanks in advance.

• Like 13

Many times it can be not the server that crashes entirely, just sometimes one proxy that crashes, as there are 5 now, it can happen that one will crash and others stay up.

Which basically means that only some people will be disconnected, and other times everyone will be. If only some people are disconnected then it can happen that your opponent didn't disconnect and is still in the game, and to him, it would seem like you just disconnected for not wanting to play the game, and would think that rightfully he should be rewarded rating for it.

This is also the same reason that boss cooldown isn't reset, because the server itself didn't crash, the proxy did. Bosses are now made so that if the server crashes, the cooldown is reset, but if the proxy crashes, it does not.

As much as it's a good suggestion, a better one is simply to not play PvP whilst the servers are unstable, which has be cautioned before.

And it's not that i'm saying it's a bad idea either, yea it's a good idea, but then it really can't be logged when the proxy servers go down either, so if some people say it went down, and others say they're fine, then who's to believe.

This is not directed to anyone just a general statement:
If you choose to risk it, and do PvP or bosses, and you crash, then it's not really something you can complain about, because it were a challenge to begin with, and you tried it, and it didn't work. And are "penalized" because of it. 

Edited by g3n3r4l

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

Or at least remove 10 minute cooldown. After getting dc and loosing ratings not being able to play pvp for 10m when that's the only thing you do is much more painful than loosing ratings.  Doesn't surrender does the same thing we give away the win and loose ratings but we don't get cooldown for it while for dc we do get a whole 10minute cooldown and loss might not even be intended unless you log off on your own so why do we even  get a cooldown? 

47 minutes ago, Griserious said:

Or at least remove 10 minute cooldown. After getting dc and loosing ratings not being able to play pvp for 10m when that's the only thing you do is much more painful than loosing ratings.  Doesn't surrender does the same thing we give away the win and loose ratings but we don't get cooldown for it while for dc we do get a whole 10minute cooldown and loss might not even be intended unless you log off on your own so why do we even  get a cooldown? 

Not 100% sure on this, but i think the surrender feature and the cooldown after disconnect was put in place to prevent rank boosting, sure it's still possible, but with the cooldown it makes it less frequent, and probably less likely to happen

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

12 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

Many times it can be not the server that crashes entirely, just sometimes one proxy that crashes, as there are 5 now, it can happen that one will crash and others stay up.

Which basically means that only some people will be disconnected, and other times everyone will be. If only some people are disconnected then it can happen that your opponent didn't disconnect and is still in the game, and to him, it would seem like you just disconnected for not wanting to play the game, and would think that rightfully he should be rewarded rating for it.

This is also the same reason that boss cooldown isn't reset, because the server itself didn't crash, the proxy did. Bosses are now made so that if the server crashes, the cooldown is reset, but if the proxy crashes, it does not.

As much as it's a good suggestion, a better one is simply to not play PvP whilst the servers are unstable, which has be cautioned before.

And it's not that i'm saying it's a bad idea either, yea it's a good idea, but then it really can't be logged when the proxy servers go down either, so if some people say it went down, and others say they're fine, then who's to believe.

This is not directed to anyone just a general statement:
If you choose to risk it, and do PvP or bosses, and you crash, then it's not really something you can complain about, because it were a challenge to begin with, and you tried it, and it didn't work. And are "penalized" because of it. 

Well I wasn't aware of the technical side of the issue and I understand what you say. For the risking part, I agree and disagree in the same time, I agree for the ones who are playing "competitively" for which rating is not so primordial, in the other hand for anyone in ladder guilds or solo ladder and especially top 3 it's a huge issue because any lost rating can cause the entire guild to drop down in some cases (gold guild ladder was really close last season). 

22 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

Not 100% sure on this, but i think the surrender feature and the cooldown after disconnect was put in place to prevent rank boosting, sure it's still possible, but with the cooldown it makes it less frequent, and probably less likely to happen

If they wanted to couldn't they even use surrender feature for rank boosting? But it doesn't have cooldown