Fame or Glory points.

Darrare

Now that I'm getting more involved and I know more about the game, I'm trying to help people if I can.

... And then you have people like Einstein that do nothing except for help people =)

You should create a "Fame" system where if someone helps you or does something cool you can give them a point. A game I used to play way back in the day had a system like this and it is a cool way to get the community motivated to be better people!

https://maplewiki.net/index.php?title=Fame

121393 Now that I'm getting more involved and I know more about the game, I'm trying to help people if I can.

... And then you have people like Einstein that do nothing except for help people =)

You should create a "Fame" system where if someone helps you or does something cool you can give them a point. A game I used to play way back in the day had a system like this and it is a cool way to get the community motivated to be better people!

https://maplewiki.net/index.php?title=Fame

Most of the time, doing good deeds for others does not guarantee fame. Instead, people who want fame will trade their daily fame in return. This action is open to abuse because there is no guarantee that one will recieve their fame in return; reporting the player to a Gamemaster is useless, as Developer discourages trading fame in the first place.

High-leveled characters using the trade fame method will find that they can only gain one fame per day due to the rule that a character may only fame/defame once per day. They then will "buy fame", or pay Money in return for fame. As with trading fame, this is open to abuse, as a person may run off with payment without faming (or run away without giving the money for fame).

Oftentimes an argument or minor conflict arises, and culminates with a defame. This is generally considered bad behavior and is looked down upon. Defaming is considered a last resort and most offenders are simply urged to leave or change channels.

In the worst case scenario, Mass Defaming is a phenomenon within game where an entire group of players defames a specific character or group of characters

Agreed with May. Altho it sounds nice but during our time as a helpers, we did things without expecting any rewards. we do it for the sake of 1 thing, "PRO". Shane and Co. has given us a great game. We could help him by donating in order to maintain the server, but what if we cant donate due to reasons? This is where the helping part kicks in. Also, pretty sure they intended to reward players already via certain methods. Maybe its not visible to public view since they wanted to avoid any scenarios mentioned by May. One more thing, if you help players enough, you will gain own self popularity set by community and they tend to follow an iconic figure, which should trigger a new helper in community, thus expanding the helpers community.