Someone needs to NERF these Gym Leaders

Notaccountable

I understand all of your responses and critique. I am sorry if I sounded as if I was ranting, its not like im some cry baby that cant try different things because I dont want to.

However I feel kinda solo'd out now. From a development of a video games perspective you always want the main ramp up for most of your players to be near the end thus feeling something achievable has been done and conquered. Does no one here see my point to spending endless hours (20+) to rework your whole team for something that is not even the elite four?

As the beta testers we help shape the game and I think its surprising that no one is sorta agreeing with me even partially here. I know tons of people got stuck on separate parts being difficult to face and what not, but getting stuck at this point in the game is kind of ridiculous for a player who is then forced to make major changes and feel like they lose a lot of the progress they have made. I love the game in general I just think this part should be toned down a bit.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand all of your responses and critique. I am sorry if I sounded as if I was ranting, its not like im some cry baby that cant try different things because I dont want to.

However I feel kinda solo'd out now. From a development of a video games perspective you always want the main ramp up for most of your players to be near the end thus feeling something achievable has been done and conquered. Does no one here see my point to spending endless hours (20+) to rework your whole team for something that is not even the elite four?

As the beta testers we help shape the game and I think its surprising that no one is sorta agreeing with me even partially here. I know tons of people got stuck on separate parts being difficult to face and what not, but getting stuck at this point in the game is kind of ridiculous for a player who is then forced to make major changes and feel like they lose a lot of the progress they have made. I love the game in general I just think this part should be toned down a bit.

It's not that we are not agreeing with you, it's that this game is made to be challenging to all users. The developers wanted to make it harder and more challenging to get to "end game" so that there is always content for every user no matter what level they are and how long they have been playing. It's also a strategy game like everyone else in the comments have been saying. There are hundreds of pokemon in this game and thousands of different strategies. Some strategies may work for multiple gym leaders/situations, but it's always good to have a back-up plan instead of continuously being stuck on gym leaders (We've all been there). That's why the best place to find help is either on the forums or in-game. :Grin: correct me if I'm wrong please.

It's not that we are not agreeing with you, it's that this game is made to be challenging to all users. The developers wanted to make it harder and more challenging to get to "end game" so that there is always content for every user no matter what level they are and how long they have been playing. It's also a strategy game like everyone else in the comments have been saying. There are hundreds of pokemon in this game and thousands of different strategies. Some strategies may work for multiple gym leaders/situations, but it's always good to have a back-up plan instead of continuously being stuck on gym leaders (We've all been there). That's why the best place to find help is either on the forums or in-game. :Grin: correct me if I'm wrong please.

Well the best poke can adapt multiple gym leader is gygados and gengar - it also use for beat e4 too. Hope it help you for not stuck.

I get your point, I just don't agree with it.

There are hundreds of strategies you could utilize that will take no more than 20 minutes to an hour to set up such as the sturdy magnemite thunderwave suggestion.

Lastly trading is always an option, borrow a friends poke or something.

121894 I think this game is awesome and ive been having so much fun playing it this past week but GMs please read this because its pretty important. Some of the gyms are hard... and I get that. You dont want a game to be too easy for those hardcore fans that want to play competitively. HOWEVER... this Gym battle with Blain isnt just hard, ITS IMPOSSIBLE. For starters let me explain my team

Seadra lvl 70

Gyarados lvl 55

Gyarados lvl 45

Charizard lvl 63

Magnazone lvl 65

Gengar lvl 64

Now Seadra two hits each of them with surf or hydro pump. Blains Charizard 1 hits him with air cutter so I spammed Dragon dance on his second pokemon 8 TIMES to MAX OUT my seadra's speed and attack and Charizard STILL BEAT MY SPEED. Im sorry guys but for a pokemon thats supposed to be my same level without holding an item CANNOT BEAT OUT A MAX SPEED SEADRA. This isnt just hard its literally impossible.

i had caught a siquirtle, that I trained till lvl 75 and made evolved into blastoise. It did the biggest part of the job with only Surf. Then my sandslash lvl 75 finished Blaine.

Hard? No. It's easy as hell. Even 8th gym and e4 are a joke when you have the right team and the right level.

122609 kanto gym sounds okay but johto gyms, they are hard ..

no, all of the game's gym leaders are easy!

you just need one pokemon with the good level and the good moves.

-> 1st badge: solo with totodile (ice fang - lvl 30)

--> 2nd: zubat (wing attack / air slash - lvl 30)

-> 3d: totodile (slash - lvl 40)

->4th: crobat (crunch - lvl 50)

->5th: crobat (wing attack / fly - lvl 60)

->6th: growlithe (flamethrower - lvl 90 )

->7th: growlithe (flamethrower - lvl 90+) and luxray for dewgong (thunderfang - lvl 90)

->8th: luxray (thunderfang - lvl 90) and gyarados (ice fang - lvl 80)

Now I'm training a snorlax and some other dragons just for fun. I'll probably beat the johto e4 with a lvl 90+ team (One Shot every of the pokemons). My team should be: Arcanine lvl 100, Hornkrow lvl 95, Gengar lvl 90+, Luxray or Raichu lvl 90+, one dragon (Dragonite, Gyarados, Kingdra) lvl 90+ and Snorlax lvl 90+.

And most of my pokemon have messed up EV and bad IV.

EASY, I'm telling you it's easy!!!!

In Johto training is much faster than in kanto cuz you have the rod right at the beginning. At cherrygrove city you can fish lvl 11-16 tentacool / tentacruel that make leveling really quick. Then in Eructeak city, you may fish krabby / polywag / poliwhirl lvl 15-25. Getting a full team up to 55 in a couple of hours. After that you can surf and encounter lvl 28-34 tentacool / krabby / tentacruel and near safari there are lvl 28-33 fearow, gloom, noctowl... so you can level your team up to 90. Takes more time but well, after that badges 5th to 7th are peace of cake. Then you can finish the training in dragon den (pokemons lvl 40-53 which give huge amount of xp).