Ev train problem

Falthadir

PRO Username: Falthadir

Do you have active membership?: No

Your knowledge about PRO: Basic Knowledge

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Description and Message

When i finished the 8 gyms of johto my pokemon can't train Ev( for example my 88 lvl gengar with 250 ev, as much as i fight its ev doesn't go up and the same with all my high lvl pokemon) but if i catch a new low pokemon i can train its Ev

EV's only go up to a max of 255 per stat, for a total of 510 EV's a pokemon can even get. Since 4 EV's = 1 stat, only 252 of the 255 are ever really "used." You probably have the max amount for your Gengar, a total of 510.

122432 yes but my other 80 and above pokemon dont get ev too and some of them have evs around 180 and i cant train those too

Note that max total EV's is 510 as mentioned. Maybe some EVs's are distributed in other stats that's why you can't make 252. For a single poke max total is 252-252-6 for a single poke. That's 2 maxed out stats out of the 6

Migrating to blue server ^^,

122432 yes but my other 80 and above pokemon dont get ev too and some of them have evs around 180 and i cant train those too :/

How do you get a pokemon that high without already having completed the max amount of EV's?

When you think about it, Pokemon give 1 EV each, if you farmed speed for example, and with the varietion of pokemon and how much EXP needed to evolve you're pokemon probably already has 510EV's.

122441 nd with the vari

Incorrect. There are certain pokemon that give 2-3 EV's, usually an evolved form of a Pokemon.

Oh, well sorry for my error.

Either way a Lvl 80 should have already maxed their EV's.

I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just helpin' out! And yeah, a level 80 would by far have maxed EV's, but I assumed he knew how EV's worked, it looks like he has EV's in multiple stats.

Incorrect. There are certain pokemon that give 2-3 EV's, usually an evolved form of a Pokemon.

Oh, well sorry for my error.

Either way a Lvl 80 should have already maxed their EV's.

I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just helpin' out! And yeah, a level 80 would by far have maxed EV's, but I assumed he knew how EV's worked, it looks like he has EV's in multiple stats.

No no I knew you did, I literally didn't intend for my comment to be sarcastic XD

Yea, the problem is that they probably already are maxed out