Exp gain?

Tempestrose

so i dont know if its just me, but has the exp gain system been changed in the last few days because a few days ago when ever i would use a higher level poke to switch into battle to help lvl my lower lvls i used to get an average amount of exp compared to taking the lower lvl to fight pokes of it same lvl but now when i do that i seem to get significantly lower exp then what i was getting a few days ago.

for example a few days ago on red i was in mt moon starting battles with magikarp and then switching to budew to win the battle and i would get like 300-600 exp for each poke(they was about lvl 11-20)(and if i dident switch magikarp got about 900)

and now on blue i was useing charmander to lvl up budew vs the grass types and flying types and where budew would get about 200 if it killed the poke solo if i switch out to charmander to kill the bug and flying types they both get less than 20 exp.

sorry if this doesnt make sence, its just been bugging me

rcVDZd4.png

122698 so i dont know if its just me, but has the exp gain system been changed in the last few days because a few days ago when ever i would use a higher level poke to switch into battle to help lvl my lower lvls i used to get an average amount of exp compared to taking the lower lvl to fight pokes of it same lvl but now when i do that i seem to get significantly lower exp then what i was getting a few days ago.

for example a few days ago on red i was in mt moon starting battles with magikarp and then switching to budew to win the battle and i would get like 300-600 exp for each poke(they was about lvl 11-20)(and if i dident switch magikarp got about 900)

and now on blue i was useing charmander to lvl up budew vs the grass types and flying types and where budew would get about 200 if it killed the poke solo if i switch out to charmander to kill the bug and flying types they both get less than 20 exp.

sorry if this doesnt make sence, its just been bugging me

Maybe you have some miss thing, because in PRO the switchout exp very low as the changllenge

122706 What is the level of your Pokemon? (both)

when i was doing it the other day the magkarp was rounghly lvl 10-14 and the budew was 14-19 and the exp gaining was fine

and today, my charmander was lvl 12 and the budew was lvl 5 and they was getting newxt to no exp(10-20) but solo they got well over 150

rcVDZd4.png

122706 What is the level of your Pokemon? (both)

when i was doing it the other day the magkarp was rounghly lvl 10-14 and the budew was 14-19 and the exp gaining was fine

and today, my charmander was lvl 12 and the budew was lvl 5 and they was getting newxt to no exp(10-20) but solo they got well over 150

The more the difference in levels between two Pokemon, the less the experience they gain.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

In this game, if you use even level pokemon then the share each of them get is 1/x^2. So if you use 2 pokemon each gets 25%, if you use 3 pokemon each get 11% etc.

I haven't done enough testing to figure out how it calculates the share if the pokemon are different level, but the higher level pokemon will get a slightly higher share and the lower level pokemon will get a much lower share. For instance, when i killed a level 16 pokemon with a level 16 and level 50, my level 16 for a ~3% share and my level 50 got a ~35% share. This is comparing to how much the pokemon gets for a solo kill by the way.

Keep in mind that if a pokemon faints, it is not considered as being part of the battle for these calculations. So if you are fighting trainers it's better to let your pokemon die then switch to an appropriate counter, rather than leaving the first one alive. It also means that you can power level low level pokemon by getting a high level pokemon to 1 hp with false swipe then dying and switching to a low level pokemon with quick claw. If the low level pokemon can get the first hit in it gets XP as if it killed the high level pokemon itself. I got a level 5 Magikarp up to level 30 from one battle doing this.