Basement Floors: (Higher Exp; Less Grind!)

Gehrman

<t>Would you like to see higher level Pokemon in the wild to train on?</t>  

7 members have voted

1. 1. <t>Would you like to see higher level Pokemon in the wild to train on?</t>

• Grinding is part of MMOs, I didn't evolve my Magnemite until 98. Git Gud.
    • I've fought enough 1,000 exp. Sturdy Geodudes for a lifetime, please give us higher level wild 'mons

The general advice is, "yea don't evolve your Squirtle until 98" because of experience rates.

It's kind of nuts.

I know I speak for many when I say I hit a brick wall at the Elite Four in Kanto because I was inexperienced in Pokemon Revolution Online, and what I considered a strong team ranging from 57-71 was anything but strong compared to the single level 80 Dewgong that managed to demolish my 50 hours of work.

I'm not asking for anything revolutionary. The highest level wild Pokemon is ~45. That's 40 levels off from the Elite Four *at the least*.

Grinding is a means to an end, it's a hindrance. It's artificial difficulty. My 'solution' below may provide relief from the grind and also reasons to go back to prior locations one would not necessarily want or need to ever go back to. :Shy:

"Tonight... Gehrman joins the hunt...."

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with this, maybe make it into a little game/dungeon somehow. Could be a really fun and new concept. Maybe a basement with x amounts of trainers with higher level pokemon that give xp, and reset daily? Victory road was a nightmare with the sturdy poke and it would be nice to have something new and fun to try. Just my thoughts on this :)

ayylmao

Ah yes the Victory Road in Kanto was very terrible, i trained my team to level 80 before I went to the Pokemon League. But I failed by the Type "Psycho" :confused: But I think the PRO Team want to have a reason to play this game until you won the league.

126823 Grinding is not a solution, it's a hindrance. It's artificial difficulty.

PRO is an MMO, do keep that in mind, grinding for hrs is unavoidable. Its one of MMO feature.

126823 Below some of the harder to reach areas such as the Power Plant, Seafoam Islands, Lavender Tower (modifying the basement level or adding another below) and the Victory Road there are "Basement" or "Dungeon" levels that house some of the toughest wild Pokemon, ranging from levels 55-70. As a balance, these Pokemon could be uncatchable due to their wild and powerful natures.

These would be the end zone for grinding; Seafoam>Victory road>Sevii>Dragons den>Dragons den b1f>Cerulean Cave. They houses some very good rewarding exp. Why are they putting it that way? to avoid the chain-break. You can fight trainers/NPCs in VR in order to gain Lvls and use candies which spawn every week.

126830 i agree with this, maybe make it into a little game/dungeon somehow. Could be a really fun and new concept. Maybe a basement with x amounts of trainers with higher level pokemon that give xp, and reset daily? Victory road was a nightmare with the sturdy poke and it would be nice to have something new and fun to try. Just my thoughts on this :)

Reset daily trainer will be pain - I see why u don't know it because you're newbie. And it will make player abuse to get exp also :n:

126830 i agree with this, maybe make it into a little game/dungeon somehow. Could be a really fun and new concept. Maybe a basement with x amounts of trainers with higher level pokemon that give xp, and reset daily? Victory road was a nightmare with the sturdy poke and it would be nice to have something new and fun to try. Just my thoughts on this :)

Reset daily trainer will be pain - I see why u don't know it because you're newbie. And it will make player abuse to get exp also :n:

such a hostile comment smh maybe you should try to work on that

ayylmao

such a hostile comment smh maybe you should try to work on that

I am not hostile anything. I just said that you don't know about many complaints to battle with trainner reset. I think you misunderstood me :Cry: And surely you don't know when u talk, because when u clear all kanto and johto - you will see how the bad things of trainer reset daily. You will need to avoid the battle and hide for going to selling, hunting. In current PRO, the reset of trainers are 1 weeks, but it still make the annoy to people - who want to go the long road.

And I only said to the "reset daily of trainers" of what u said before. No anymore...