Basement Floors: (Higher Exp; Less Grind!)

Gehrman

<t>Would you like to see higher level Pokemon in the wild to train on?</t>  

7 members have voted

1. 1. <t>Would you like to see higher level Pokemon in the wild to train on?</t>

• Grinding is part of MMOs, I didn't evolve my Magnemite until 98. Git Gud.
    • I've fought enough 1,000 exp. Sturdy Geodudes for a lifetime, please give us higher level wild 'mons

then what about the bosses? why can you only face them once every 2 weeks? makes no sense to me why they can do that but not this lol

The problem of not daily reset is

1/ They avoid players to abuse to gain exp quickly by battle NPC everyday. Same cases as not get exp from Gym Leader after the 1st battle.

2/ The cooldown now is 1 weeks for trainers, and still make annoys to old players (who pass E4 aready). Why? Because when they want to go the long road, and they need to battle again and again the NPC trainers without a little exp (from they Pokemon base Lv now). Imagination that when u want go from Johto to back Kanto, and you need to battle with a lot of trainers low level... That is their pain.

3/ Somethings more difficult and new... Yes, why not? however, the reset daily trainer - is impossible as point 1 (mainly) and point 2 (old players)

first off this was an idea/opinion, nothing "set in stone"

1. The NPCs could be the same levels or a little harder, i said there is no need to give 50k xp a poke. just some different poke other than the 5ish poke that you grind.

2. Im 100% sure i said basement... as in you dont have to go there in order to get to the e4... please just read.

3. There is nothing saying this could negatively affect players. Just something new to get you away from grinding the same pokemon for a whole day, there is no need for 20 trainers, maybe just 5.

You tell me to think before i talk, but honestly i think you should... no hate, and i said this was just an idea/opinion in my first post. Sorry if my 150ish hours makes me a noob :/

Sr, I need some more explain as I can misunderstood your said. So forgive me if I have some missing

1/ Is that you said about NPC trainers? Not the Boss, not the gym leader, not the special NPC. Just the normal NPC trainer battle right? If yes, the level of NPCs is fixed and cannot adjust belongs to your current Level! That's a point, and nothing can do it.

Additionaly, specific place have specific pokemon. That's a point also.

2/ Basement.... what your mean? The NPC in the basement (victory road or something)?

3/ There have more than 5 trainers in victory road already....

Honestly, I only said to the reset daily trainer part and not whole dugeon. Please... I don't think my English is bad. Sorry if 500ish hours makes me a noob :/

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

126863 If they want to add anything to the game they need to write more script and adjust it, you act like if they add something new it will break everything, i guess adding a new region will break everything :c

we're talking about the resetting part, not the whole scripting itself. But the script is connected among themself. Even a misspelled map name can cause the game to crash. Scripting is not easy.

126869 Sr, I need some more explain as I can misunderstood your said. So forgive me if I have some missing

1/ Is that you said about NPC trainers? Not the Boss, not the gym leader, not the special NPC. Just the normal NPC trainer battle right? If yes, the level of NPCs is fixed and cannot adjust belongs to your current Level! That's a point, and nothing can do it.

2/ Basement.... what your mean? The NPC in the basement (victory road or something)?

Sorry if 500ish hours makes me a noob :/

1. Who says it has to be a normal NPC? why cant it be a new category of NPC for this area?

2. I just mean somewhere not on the main path to get through victory road...

3. And? they reset once a week, not once a day. I fee like you have a closed mind about this topic and you just want this idea to not work no matter what. Keep an open mind when you think about this and maybe you will see something.

Im done talking to you about this because youre unwilling to think about this outside of the box (and read what i have been saying). Seem like the type to make everything a competition, have a good day.

ayylmao

126863 If they want to add anything to the game they need to write more script and adjust it, you act like if they add something new it will break everything, i guess adding a new region will break everything :c

we're talking about the resetting part, not the whole scripting itself. But the script is connected among themself. Even a misspelled map name can cause the game to crash. Scripting is not easy.

Never said its easy... they obviously got the bosses to reset on a different script than the normal NPCs, so that makes my idea eligible. Im done talking about this topic, have a good day...

ayylmao

126844 It's all part of an MMO. Grinding for hours upon end is something that every MMO has.

I've been playing MMOs for a long time, friend. You can't herd all MMOs into the same grind-fest play pen because they aren't all the same. PRO's Kanto arc lasts less than 40-50 hours. You cannot compare that to the hundreds of hours in games like WoW, Runescape, or the trillion Korean and Japanese MMOs that make you kill boars for 3 exp each and afk at punching bags earning 1 exp a hit while you're at work.

Pokemon is, at heart, a simple game. That is why the handheld versions are so short-lived, and is precisely why PRO boxes your team once you go to the next region. PRO is elongating the game's life cycle in the wrong way.

"Tonight... Gehrman joins the hunt...."

126882 PRO's Kanto arc lasts less than 40-50 hours.

More reason on making it tough. Point is, PRO wants us to keep on playing and spending more time on it. Thats why the requirements of mew is 350hrs.

Note: 50% exp from Ms does stack with the exp boost from the shop.

126869 Sr, I need some more explain as I can misunderstood your said. So forgive me if I have some missing

Sorry if 500ish hours makes me a noob :/

1. Who says it has to be a normal NPC? why cant it be a new category of NPC for this area?

2. I just mean somewhere not on the main path to get through victory road...

3. And? they reset once a week, not once a day. I fee like you have a closed mind about this topic and you just want this idea to not work no matter what. Keep an open mind when you think about this and maybe you will see something.

Im done talking to you about this because youre unwilling to think about this outside of the box (and read what i have been saying). Seem like the type to make everything a competition, have a good day.

I only said to your said - trainer daily reset :Frown: Only you don't understand me. And if you want open discussion, it's okay

1/ What new category NPC you want for this area? If it good... said it, and dev can consider too

2/ Okay get your point

3/ You not got my point 1st.... so don't said as I am closed mind. I am more research and I know well, okay!

I don't understand why people are defending the grinding aspect of this. Yes other mmo's have grinding elements but the grinding that is succesful are the fun grinding, the grinding where you enjoy grinding, PRO hasn't quite hit that level yet because battling pokemon 20 levels lower than you is not fun grinding. There are so many different ways you can go about adding something to do besides grinding that awards exp, for example contests they could award a small amount of experience just for participating, doesn't have to be much but enough so people who are sick of grinding levels have something extra to do for a while.

Z519Oj9.png

126882 The whole purpose of an MMO is that it's a massive-multiplayer online game; it's Pokemon with direct friend-contact. Don't ever think that means the game has to be about grinding literal garbage experience for hours that none of us have to spend. Don't even try to tell me that you have fun bashing your head against Geodudes and Seels for hours on end.

there is this shortcuts called trading and buying. Thats how newbies beat e4 in a single night.

I think people need to realize that MMO doesn't have a G in it. MMO only means Massive Multiplayer Online. Yes, a lot of MMOs do have a lot of grinding but for the same purpose of keeping you playing the game and making it seem harder than it really is. They don't have to have so much grinding if the staff can think of something else to keep peoples' attention.

Having Victory Road be one of the only good places to grind for the E4 was tiresome even in the original games especially since there are mainly ground or rock types in it. Not fun for the fire, flying, normal, poison, electric, and the rock and ground types that you own. With that and the fact that there are only Pokemon around level 40 and the E4 being level 80 there is just way too much of a gap. I feel like doing something about it would be beneficial for the players, but of course do it in a way that will still keep the player's attention.

Adding dungeons like this may be a good solution to solve the problem. Harder Pokemon but may be uncatchable puts its own challenge and may keep the player coming back to see if they can handle the challenge. The idea for sure needs more discussion, but I think it's better to have it than not.