Basement Floors: (Higher Exp; Less Grind!)

Gehrman

<t>Would you like to see higher level Pokemon in the wild to train on?</t>  

7 members have voted

1. 1. <t>Would you like to see higher level Pokemon in the wild to train on?</t>

• Grinding is part of MMOs, I didn't evolve my Magnemite until 98. Git Gud.
    • I've fought enough 1,000 exp. Sturdy Geodudes for a lifetime, please give us higher level wild 'mons

126896 I don't understand why people are defending the grinding aspect of this. Yes other mmo's have grinding elements but the grinding that is succesful are the fun grinding, the grinding where you enjoy grinding, PRO hasn't quite hit that level yet because battling pokemon 20 levels lower than you is not fun grinding. There are so many different ways you can go about adding something to do besides grinding that awards exp, for example contests they could award a small amount of experience just for participating, doesn't have to be much but enough so people who are sick of grinding levels have something extra to do for a while.

its an open suggestion discussion, if all agrees then it wont be called as a discussion in the first place.Might as well implement everything in the suggestion section threads

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

126896 I don't understand why people are defending the grinding aspect of this. Yes other mmo's have grinding elements but the grinding that is succesful are the fun grinding, the grinding where you enjoy grinding, PRO hasn't quite hit that level yet because battling pokemon 20 levels lower than you is not fun grinding. There are so many different ways you can go about adding something to do besides grinding that awards exp, for example contests they could award a small amount of experience just for participating, doesn't have to be much but enough so people who are sick of grinding levels have something extra to do for a while.

100% i agree

ayylmao

126844 It's all part of an MMO. Grinding for hours upon end is something that every MMO has.

I've been playing MMOs for a long time, friend. You can't herd all MMOs into the same grind-fest play pen because they aren't all the same. PRO's Kanto arc lasts less than 40-50 hours. You cannot compare that to the hundreds of hours in games like WoW, Runescape, or the trillion Korean and Japanese MMOs that make you kill boars for 3 exp each and afk at punching bags earning 1 exp a hit while you're at work.

Pokemon is, at heart, a simple game. That is why the handheld versions are so short-lived, and is precisely why PRO boxes your team once you go to the next region. PRO is elongating the game's life cycle in the wrong way.

First of all don't you dare try to talk to me like I am beneath you. If you don't like the way the game is then leave. Nobody is asking you to keep playing. This game is different to the handheld games, it has to be grindy to prolong the life of the game. If it was too easy then people would get bored and leave. It's also whay they have multiple regions so people have a goal to work towards which makes grinding for hours worth it in the end.

2nb4qy0.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kanto Hall of Fame:

mm3ns0.png

Johto Hall of Fame:

6egcch.png

First of all don't you dare try to talk to me like I am beneath you. If you don't like the way the game is then leave. Nobody is asking you to keep playing. This game is different to the handheld games, it has to be grindy to prolong the life of the game. If it was too easy then people would get bored and leave. It's also whay they have multiple regions so people have a goal to work towards which makes grinding for hours worth it in the end.

I had no intention of belittling you, sorry if it appeared that way. There's no reason to get defensive; we're having a discussion for the betterment of this game. I care about the game as much as the next guy, and have donated my fair share already. I made it a poll for a reason. Thank you for sharing your opinion. :y:

"Tonight... Gehrman joins the hunt...."

For more open discussion, I think we should said how can implemented to dungeon. For example, how it work (need consider to resources and can be implement indeed)? What is pros and cons? It will better than just fighting...

More detail and how detailed implemented, reasons and practical issues. It will best rather than just said Agree/Disagree, I don't understand why..., that's is MMO.

Sr if I wrong or make all of you hate :Shocked:

Going to conclude it this way;

1.Dungeon is already in the discussion among staffs and players, however the team lack resources and times for anything to happen atm.

2.Resetting part that were mention by me has nothing to do with the dungeon topic, it simply explaining the NPCs

3.All the highers lvl Mons has been put in the end zone for grinding

4.This game is different to the handheld games, it has to be grindy to prolong the life of the game

5.There are many ways to beat the e4 besides grinding and leveling for hrs

I think Dungeons would be a great end game activity. Even if it's a solo instance there is so much potential with it. It could even take on the formula of other mmo dungeons that reward an item at the end, with perhaps a chance at an exclusive item such as a medallion or a mount.

Z519Oj9.png

126916 For more open discussion, I think we should said how can implemented to dungeon. For example, how it work (need consider to resources and can be implement indeed)? What is pros and cons? It will better than just fighting...

More detail and how detailed implemented, reasons and practical issues. It will best rather than just said Agree/Disagree, I don't understand why..., that's is MMO.

Sr if I wrong or make all of you hate :Shocked:

Thank you all for your continued support in this thread. The reason I am not particularly invested in the idea of dungeons is that they are a long term fix and would require many hours of thought, planning, and development for the small amount of staff available.

I understand that "bandaid" patches are very short-lived, but it's essentially what I'm suggesting; that just a few higher level floors be added in different locations to make the grind from 45-70 not as time-consuming and damaging to EVs (looking at you, Geodude). It also gives reason to go back to prior locations one would not necessarily want to ever go back to.

"Tonight... Gehrman joins the hunt...."