Login Queue

Jigstraw

So I think a login queue might be the most important thing you could add at this point.

I assume you know why, but i'll give an explanation anyway.

The current login system is chaos, complete chance/probability. With a Queue, players attempting to login would be put into a list, and the server would go down the list connecting players in order as slots open, but most importantly it would ensure one-click connections. I've been clicking login nonstop for like 2 hours and am fed up with it, and I'm sure many others are as well. Hopefully you can get a login queue programmed and patched in within a few days, because not having one is probably turning away potential players, and nobody wants that.

In addition to that, it'd cut down on people flooding the server with login attempts when the server is full, which can ONLY be a good thing.

Jigstraw, thank you for your suggestion.

Currently the server capacity is at 400 people. Anyone who created an account before the release was granted a 5-day membership. One of the perks of membership is that you by-pass the server capacity. The problem with this is that the server is constantly OVER 400 people (currently 464/400), so players without membership will be unable to enter the game until the capacity is increased, or the amount of people drops below the restriction.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I hope you're able to play soon.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

Currently the server capacity is at 400 people. Anyone who created an account before the release was granted a 5-day membership. One of the perks of membership is that you by-pass the server capacity. The problem with this is that the server is constantly OVER 400 people (currently 464/400), so players without membership will be unable to enter the game until the capacity is increased, or the amount of people drops below the restriction.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I hope you're able to play soon.

Thank you for your reply~

I've been lurking in the IRC for awhile, I know what's up with membership/capacity. I'm just saying, even if the capacity goes up, the server may still encounter situations where there are more players than open slots, so adding a login queue proactively is still a good idea, in my opinion. A pre-emptive strike, if you will, against possible future scenarios such as what was encountered today.

It'd be cool for this to be confirmed/denied outright, but I understand you can't really answer, as there's only one programmer and he'd be the one having to do the work.

So the server is actually up at the moment? But the capacity is just constantly over 400?

Need a hand building a team that can withstand any threat?

Check out my Team Building guide below!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=2673

n6B7FWg.png--->0rljaJC.png

So the server is actually up at the moment? But the capacity is just constantly over 400?

No, the server seems to be down atm though it was up earlier on

Aweh. :c Oh well, hopefully it will be up later on today!

Need a hand building a team that can withstand any threat?

Check out my Team Building guide below!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=2673

n6B7FWg.png--->0rljaJC.png

No, the server seems to be down atm though it was up earlier on

Aweh. :c Oh well, hopefully it will be up later on today!

Yeah it should be up in a few hours when shanes on I think

Thank you for your reply~

I've been lurking in the IRC for awhile, I know what's up with membership/capacity. I'm just saying, even if the capacity goes up, the server may still encounter situations where there are more players than open slots, so adding a login queue proactively is still a good idea, in my opinion. A pre-emptive strike, if you will, against possible future scenarios such as what was encountered today.

It'd be cool for this to be confirmed/denied outright, but I understand you can't really answer, as there's only one programmer and he'd be the one having to do the work.

Whether it be increasing the server capacity, having multiple servers, or creating a queue; something will be done to help as many players get into the game as possible. You're exactly right in your reasoning about the server queue. It has a clear-cut benefit since increasing the cap doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will be allowed to play when they want.

Hopefully we'll get this sorted out as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee