How to make PRO a social MMO

Tnzn

130369 A TeamSpeak 3 server would be an awesome idea.

How about adding some RP ... ?

There already is a discord and it's a total fail :/ And imo the problems are linked somehow.

RP why not but then again for RP to be developped you need features and an environment that helps it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

130362 I've honestly in 50 hours only seen two people speak in Local chat and it's pretty disappointing. I support this. I'd like to socialize with other people as well, but at the current state, it's futile unless you're in a closely knit guild.

Yeah that's my feeling as well

130598 There already is a discord and it's a total fail :/ And imo the problems are linked somehow.

That's why i said that, teamspeak is more used than discord

130598 RP why not but then again for RP to be developped you need features and an environment that helps it.

It's sure, but it could be done step by step ...

The staff should make a vocal reunion with the players and make some Strawpoll to know more about the community.

<i></i>

1459368816-trainercard-sornin.png

130598 There already is a discord and it's a total fail :/ And imo the problems are linked somehow.

That's why i said that, teamspeak is more used than discord

130598 RP why not but then again for RP to be developped you need features and an environment that helps it.

It's sure, but it could be done step by step ...

The staff should make a vocal reunion with the players and make some Strawpoll to know more about the community.

Well yeah maybe it's more popular. Discord is better imo but you might be right.

Well, there was already a teamspeak server in the past which got kinda ignored by the majority of players. I think this was the main reason, staff cancelled the server at the beginning of this year.

I can remember that next to us (5-8 german players) there were some italian and french players too.... but you cant compare that to the amount of players which are online on discord.

My reaction when people ask me if I'm the Barney from "Barney & Friends"

i don't understand. you guys make it sound like the reason people aren't social in PRO is because there isn't a specific spot where everyone can go and talk. that's not it. the players simply just don't want to communicate with others.

if you want to socialize in an MMO, the best way nowadays is to just join a guild that puts an emphasis on teamwork and socializing. that's the best way.

i know i'm making it sound like i am shooting down OP's idea, but i am not. i'm only throwing in my POV so that when it comes to decision making, people look at all the angles.

i don't understand. you guys make it sound like the reason people aren't social in PRO is because there isn't a specific spot where everyone can go and talk. that's not it. the players simply just don't want to communicate with others.

if you want to socialize in an MMO, the best way nowadays is to just join a guild that puts an emphasis on teamwork and socializing. that's the best way.

i know i'm making it sound like i am shooting down OP's idea, but i am not. i'm only throwing in my POV so that when it comes to decision making, people look at all the angles.

I'm not saying it is THE reason, I am saying it is most probablye ONE OF THE REASONS. How could you know for sure that it's not the fact, when people here made it clear that they'd use a cafe. Because we are a bunch of people wanting to socialize, and have nowhere specific to gather, if there was a specific spot, we'd have a way to find each other.

This is all win, people who wanna chit chat will go to the cafe, those who dont care wont, I don't see the problem.

That the only efficient way to socialize is to join a guild, which is baiscally a closed community, is sad imo.

While I like the idea, many game companies solve this problem by forcing players to go to a location for something... Be it an auction house or a certain vendor... If PRO was to force us to "hang out" in these locations, the rest of the world would be diminished.

It is pretty obvious to me, in my few weeks of playing this game, that viridian city is a staple for meetups. However, if I happen to be in Johto when someone wants to trade with me, it becomes either an expensive or complicated journey to get to where they are (likely somewhere near viridian). The problem here is that the majority of people that you might possibly end up trading with are stuck on Kanto because they either havn't beat the E4 or don't want to run back from Johto. Making a single area easily accessible from any region, but not allow it to be used as a quick taxi ride from place to place would be very difficult to develop, but could prove useful in creating an area where people can socialize.