E4, what am I doing wrong?

Nexanda

130274 gyarados needs aqua tail, not surf.

basically what i see here is that youve put a bunch of moves on pokemon that dont suit the moveset.

Alakazam has a really poor attack stat, so psycho cut is useless. Replace with recover, doesnt need confusion and psybeam, replace with seismic toss and psyshock. it also has the completely wrong nature. basically the Kazam is trash.

Gyarados is a physical pokemon, u have special attack based moves on him (gyarados SPATK is weak as hell) that is why u have no power.

Clefable is dependant on the way it is set up. Its moveset can either be physical, or special. not both. Moonblast is its best special based move clefable can learn, so thats good. i would also stick Cosmic Power on it, and fire blast/flamethrower instead of meteor mash and gravity.

Raichu is also set up weirdly. If its a starter pikachu that evolved into raichu, get it taught surf, get rid of electro ball.

Gengar is OK, just need to replace hex with something better, like psychic

I beat E4 with a Gyarados, Arcanine and a Persian, all around lvl 80. As long as theyre set up optimally, it doesn't matter what you have

Basically this. You need to look up the difference between Atk and Sp.Atk moves and what your pokemon are suited for. For example take your gyarados. It's a physical attacker so it's move set is shit. Give it something like dd, aqua tail, ice fang and earthquake instead and see the difference

pro_trainer_card_v3_1.png