Balancing the Rewards in Future Party Quests and More

Pureheart2803

The New Xmas Event in 2022: A welcoming change with glaring limitations.

To begin with, I must give a big thumb up to the content creators who design and make this event quest happen. This, to my knowledge, is the first quest in PRO that incorporates the “party” element into it, something that many players much desire from playing various MMO games before/alongside PRO. As much as being a good cause to celebrate, the new Xmas quest is not without glaring shortcomings. This post is made to provide constructive feedback that hopefully will be of use to the people in charge of future quests.

Now, the big question arrives: “Is it worth doing the quest?” All of my friends and people I know of have answered with a resounding NO. Why? Because this quest has horrible balance between Effort and Reward.

Without referencing to any guide (shameless plug: My Youtube has the 1st completed quest guide if u wanna check it out), a team consists of all new players will take at least 1.5-2 hours to hopefully complete the quest. Any subsequent run will take at least 40 minutes to complete with the newly gained experience. And what are the rewards? Lucarionite mega stone, which takes at least 2 runs to get, Light Stone, which has a horrible spawn rate, and random xmas coins/nugget, big pearl etc., which costs as much as 30-40k Pokedollar. The additional bonus quest is even worse, fighting like 10 enemies and items to earn 30-50 Xmas Coins? It’s hilarious at best compared to all other activities we could have done in PRO to earn 10x the money in the same spent time.

And no, after doing it at least twice, I doubt anyone would be able to say that the fun is worth it. The main rewards are a banned right from the get-go Mega Stone, and a Light Stone that no one knows what to do with it yet. And don’t even get me started on Light Stone. Its spawn rate is absolutely horrible. One of my guildies has run the quest more than 10 times and he still has not gotten it. It’s such a demotivating part of the quest, and no one would want to be in his position. Why could you not guarantee giving away the stone after you have completed the dungeon 3 times, for example, similar to the 3 Legendary Dog quest? When you spent 10 hours in the game and still not have gotten a main, basic reward of the quest, then something is horribly wrong here.

I don’t even know why you would want to bait us with the bonus quest of fighting 10 enemies and items just to earn a few measly Xmas Coins. Is the inflation in the economy that bad, that you could not give out a reward that would not considered a joke? All of my friends literally ROFL when they found out the reward from one of the streams in my guild. No one would want to do the quest again if not for helping friends who have not gotten their main rewards yet.

I have not even started on the design of the quest. It’s not really newbie-friendly, and it’s not quite user-friendly. To complete the quest, you should have a party of at least 4, which leaves quite a hurdle for new players or those who only play within a very small circle. If the quest is more feas­ible to complete with 2 or 3 players, it would very much ease up the difficulties in completing the quest toward those. In addition, there has been runs where my party completed the quest within an hour just to get 0 point, presumably because one person got disconnected in a fight and the whole team got penalized for that. And god knows how many times PRO loses connection a day. Eliminating such unwanted penalty in future quests would be a very worthwhile improvement.

To sum it up, the new Party Quest is an amazing addition to the game that would freshen any relevant future contents in PRO, but the current execution still leaves much to be desired. Improving the future rewards to match it up with the effort spent should be one of the biggest concerns for future released quests.

• Like 4