Chat System Improvements

Pshock13

1. 1.

I have a few suggestions for improvement to the chat system, most of which I've seen implemented in other social chat rooms before.

-Using [TAB] to finish typing a username.

Example: I could type (P S H [TAB]) and it auto fill to [highlight=yellow]Pshock13[/highlight].)

Also, allow for cycling so you can hit [TAB] multiple times and cycle through different people with the same thing you typed. ie PSH [TAB] to get [highlight=yellow]Pshock13[/highlight]...[TAB] again and get [highlight=blue]Pshongle1234[/highlight]and [TAB] again to bring us back to [highlight=yellow]Pshock13[/highlight].

-Username highlighting.

This would go hand in hand with the [TAB] system, if someone uses your name in chat it'll be highlighted to make it easier for you to see when you are being spoken to. And maybe highlight all other uses with a different color (See above for example)

Consider making the highlights player customizable. (Perhaps I want [highlight=pink]Pshock13[/highlight] instead of [highlight=yellow]Pshock13[/highlight])

I think there should also be some sort of sound notification when you are mentioned in a chat. (I hate having to keep peeking at chat while playing to see if that reply has come through yet)

And finally, highlight/blink whatever tab of chat you were mentioned in. This is pretty much already explained.

I also think there should be some implementation to grab and slide the chat tabs past each other to swap positions maybe. Really this would just be an ease of use improvement. With that as well, I wouldn't mind being able to detach a tab from the chat dock and have a chat room free floating on my screen.

133172 I have a few suggestions for improvement to the chat system, most of which I've seen implemented in other social chat rooms before.

-Using [TAB] to finish typing a username.

Example: I could type (P S H [TAB]) and it auto fill to [highlight=yellow]Pshock13[/highlight].)

Also, allow for cycling so you can hit [TAB] multiple times and cycle through different people with the same thing you typed. ie PSH [TAB] to get [highlight=yellow]Pshock13[/highlight]...[TAB] again and get [highlight=blue]Pshongle1234[/highlight]and [TAB] again to bring us back to [highlight=yellow]Pshock13[/highlight].

-Username highlighting.

This would go hand in hand with the [TAB] system, if someone uses your name in chat it'll be highlighted to make it easier for you to see when you are being spoken to. And maybe highlight all other uses with a different color (See above for example)

Consider making the highlights player customizable. (Perhaps I want [highlight=pink]Pshock13[/highlight] instead of [highlight=yellow]Pshock13[/highlight])

I think there should also be some sort of sound notification when you are mentioned in a chat. (I hate having to keep peeking at chat while playing to see if that reply has come through yet)

And finally, highlight/blink whatever tab of chat you were mentioned in. This is pretty much already explained.

I also think there should be some implementation to grab and slide the chat tabs past each other to swap positions maybe. Really this would just be an ease of use improvement. With that as well, I wouldn't mind being able to detach a tab from the chat dock and have a chat room free floating on my screen.

Kinda reminds me of discord. That would take forever to code, I think.

[glow=black]“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” —Ging, HxH[/glow]

It's not like there is a deadline until release or anything. It is definitely something well within the range of something that could be added to the game.

It's not like there is a deadline until release or anything. It is definitely something well within the range of something that could be added to the game.

Good point. Awesome Idea! :Smile:

[glow=black]“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” —Ging, HxH[/glow]

The only thing that actually annoys me when it comes to chat is that i must move every poke to the chat bar every time i want to link a poke ^^ We should have like a typing code to do that easily, most likely p1/p2/p3/p4/p5/p6 this would do the trick :P

133838 The only thing that actually annoys me when it comes to chat is that i must move every poke to the chat bar every time i want to link a poke ^^ We should have like a typing code to do that easily, most likely p1/p2/p3/p4/p5/p6 this would do the trick :P

I'm pretty sure typing [poke#] already works that way.

133838 The only thing that actually annoys me when it comes to chat is that i must move every poke to the chat bar every time i want to link a poke ^^ We should have like a typing code to do that easily, most likely p1/p2/p3/p4/p5/p6 this would do the trick :P

I'm pretty sure typing [poke#] already works that way.

Yeah i know you can do that, but thats far more work than dragging the Pokes to the chat bar... What i was suggestion was simply doing p#1 p#2, this would make the things so much easy ^^

Yeah i know you can do that, but thats far more work than dragging the Pokes to the chat bar... What i was suggestion was simply doing p#1 p#2, this would make the things so much easy ^^

Make too simple and you could accidentally end up posted a pokemon, while not catastrophic...still annoying.

However I suggest maybe a small bar under the chat window, numbers 1-6 so you can just click one and it'll like a pokemon right where you blinking cursor is in the chat.