Server Issues General Thread

Crimefridge

Talk about your server issues in this thread, since I've heard people say the Complaint section isn't visible enough.

No sub-GMs / GMs / Admins on for hours at a time with a server crash, what's the deal?

Blue - currently 4 hours, looking to be much more

Red - freezing off trainer battles / berry bushes / etc

nobody online to do anything about it

I'm expecting a "we have lives answer" which is understandable, but I wish it was more professional in terms of business. I know a lot of people have supported this game with time and money, but I'm not sure how appreciative they are of that. I've only been here for a week and this is the kind of stuff I value, usually more than most.

I'm not saying it is a bad thing and I don't mean disrespect. It's my honest opinion and I hope there will be improvements because there is always room for improvement.

134693 Talk about your server issues in this thread, since I've heard people say the Complaint section isn't visible enough.

No sub-GMs / GMs / Admins on for hours at a time with a server crash, what's the deal?

So the low amount of staff is due to not enough "qualified and quality" players applying for positions through the workshop. It can be frustrating at times when there is no one on. But, remember the servers can only be rebooted by a dev / admin and these admin's have their lives as well to maintain. Shane has children so he juggles PRO and his fatherly duties. I can't speak about the other admins who have access to rebooting the servers but they may be in similar situations.

As for Mods / GM's as more players go through the workshop and are accepted as staff after doing the apprentice stages will we see more active staff during all hours of the day. Until that day we will have to tough it out and be patient.

134693 Talk about your server issues in this thread, since I've heard people say the Complaint section isn't visible enough.

So the low amount of staff is due to not enough "qualified and quality" players applying for positions through the workshop. It can be frustrating at times when there is no one on. But, remember the servers can only be rebooted by a dev / admin and these admin's have their lives as well to maintain. Shane has children so he juggles PRO and his fatherly duties. I can't speak about the other admins who have access to rebooting the servers but they may be in similar situations.

As for Mods / GM's as more players go through the workshop and are accepted as staff after doing the apprentice stages will we see more active staff during all hours of the day. Until that day we will have to tough it out and be patient.

Yeah, that's why this situation sucks, but I have hope that things will get better with time. I think the quality of the game is great; but the quantity and sometimes, from what I have seen, the quality of the current staff can be lacking.

I want to become more active on the forums because I think it will give me a good idea of the up and coming staff are. I'm not a fan of wasting my time on games like these because sometimes it can just all disappear (Cubeworld was one of my most heart breaking moments). Not that this will happen with PRO, but I have a lot of faith on the newer staff and it should be a bit easier to manage once the newer staff start climbing.

Please pay close attention to the server crash/restart issues this game has been facing, something as simple as allowing other staff member to restart the server should not be drawn out this long. The problem is driving players away at a rate faster then any abuse an already trusted staff member could inflict with server reboot capabilities.

They're pretending like this didn't happen again? Oh my god.

It's so depressing because even if they didn't expand the game at all and just fixed the moves, the game would be fine

But... not having a mechanism to restart the server when the ONE TIME ZONE the admin and friends are on are all asleep is beyond frustrating.

And not having basic things that should be in the game because of PVP (Focus Blast), fixing dumb glitches like Haunter being unable relearn Hypnosis at move relearner, implementing abilities that are relatively simple to fix (Arena Trap when Magnet Pull is in the game) really really really really frustrates me.