PRO literally down more often than it is up...

Murlinator

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Several of you clearly do not grasp the concept of entitlement. Many of these players are paying money for timed memberships. When unscheduled server downtime is cutting into the time they have to utilize said membership, then they are not getting what they paid for. As someone who works in the bowels of IT at a Fortune 500 company, I get this sort of response from customers about application availability almost daily.

Now, before you start queuing up your response, I personally do not have an issue with the current state of the servers. I have realistic expectations when it comes to performance. The game has only been around for a year and, as many have mentioned, is basically a project that the development team does outside of their own personal lives - jobs, families, etc. They do not have the time and resources available to them like you would expect from a company with a full roster of salaried employees. Patience is a virtue.

136358 Several of you clearly do not grasp the concept of entitlement. Many of these players are paying money for timed memberships. When unscheduled server downtime is cutting into the time they have to utilize said membership, then they are not getting what they paid for. As someone who works in the bowels of IT at a Fortune 500 company, I get this sort of response from customers about application availability almost daily.

Now, before you start queuing up your response, I personally do not have an issue with the current state of the servers. I have realistic expectations when it comes to performance. The game has only been around for a year and, as many have mentioned, is basically a project that the development team does outside of their own personal lives - jobs, families, etc. They do not have the time and resources available to them like you would expect from a company with a full roster of salaried employees. Patience is a virtue.

I understand you arent picking a side here, but one the ms note, we arent exactly "buying" ms. We are "donating" to the game while being fully aware that the game is still in beta and downtime is to be expected. That said, most of the time we are compensated for downtime with a few more days added to active users that have membership, besides the 5% exp boost we seem to get every other week.

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

I understand you arent picking a side here, but one the ms note, we arent exactly "buying" ms. We are "donating" to the game while being fully aware that the game is still in beta and downtime is to be expected. That said, most of the time we are compensated for downtime with a few more days added to active users that have membership, besides the 5% exp boost we seem to get every other week.

I could be wrong here, but I think it is set up this way for legality reasons. If it comes out of beta and turns into "buying", they could be faced with copyright issues.

OK, seriously, enough of the internet lawyer BS too, none of you have any clue what so ever about what you are talking about. This game is a clear violation whether it charges or not. It is an explicit copy of an established IP, without permission, and there doesn't need to be any gain what so ever for it to be a violation of that IP. That's how copyright works, so step out of your fantasy lands. Any who, the only time that matters is when the C&D letters come in and how the service intends to respond, in which I hope they have IP unfriendly hosts that won't comply and I hope they do not either. Nintendo needs to be reminded that their fans have unmet wants.

Regardless, if anyone had such an issue with the minimal downtime then they shouldn't have payed for anything. The game is free, you had more than 1 opportunity to see the state of it before purchase, cut the whining and grow up.