How to use Drizzle with Politoed

Hanjim1990

Hi there @Hanjim1990

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm assuming this is for the Torkoal in the Vulcanic Temple? In that case, you will need a Pokemon with the ability Drizzle. Drizzle is Politoed's hidden ability. When evolving from Poliwhirl, it must have Swift Swim to be able to get the ability you want. An easier alternative to this is a Pelipper, which has Drizzle as it's normal ability. Hydration Wingull evolve into Drizzle Pelipper.

I hope this information helped you. Please let me know if you need any more help. 

Thanks!

Just now, Hanjim1990 said:

I have a Pelipper but his ability is Keen Eye. Is it possible that the ability will change if he levels up or can't you see the ability Drizzle in the pokedex ? 

Unfortunately no. Only Hydration Wingull can evolve into Drizzle Pelippers. Keen Eye Wingulls will only evolve into Keen Eye Pelippers. You need to catch a Wingull with the Hydration ability.

4 hours ago, Hanjim1990 said:

I caught a Pelipper but his ability is now Rain Dish. Is this the right one or do I need to catch a couple of wingull until I found one with Drizzle ? 

Pelipper do not have the ability Rain Dish. You need one with Drizzle. Only Hydration Wingull evolve into Pelippers with Drizzle. It's not possible for Wingulls to have have Drizzle until ones with Hydration evolve.