Is simple macro allowed?

Lazarack

Hello my fingers hurt. Are we allowed to make simple A and D macro, where the character moves right and left. I believe that this is not automated gameplay since you still have to be physically present, and playing the game.

p.s. don't ban me, its a genuine question

• Haha 3

From the game rules:

• 5. Using any kind of unauthorised software, hacking or editing the PRO game/ client is prohibited.
    Unauthorised software includes:
    • Any kind of automated software. (Bots, Macro).
    • Software which injects into PRO's files to give unfair advantages. (Speed hacking).
    • External software that gives unfair advantages, which is not endorsed by PRO.

This means that using a macro to grind automatically for you, even if you still do half of the work, is illegal.

It is obviously gives you advantage over other players, and is an automated software. so you could say it is 2/3 of the illegal aspects of it.

But I don't see there being an unfair advantage if they just allow it to be used. If everyone can use it, then everyone is happy. And the game is purely based on RNG, which a movement macro purely for convenience will not create any differences.

The unfair advantage is that you would force everyone to install a third party software to have the same "convenience" of moving left and right automatically. Not sure how that is hard to see, honestly. It's automating the game by removing a core game mechanic, yes moving left and right through grass is a core game mechanic in Pokemon games.

Alternate between hands when farming to reduce the pain. Or use a controller.

• Jhizen locked this topic