Trade system with Sale hotel, poke listing and criterion

Alchi1

Hello,

I would like to suggest a new tool to improve the trade system.

Myself i never had the opportunity to make any trade in +130 hour of playing. The reason is simple, i'm a casual and don't have any idea of the actual price of whatever pokemon. Also i don't have the time to create and actively follow posts on the forum nor spend hours to buy or sell pokemon without being scammed.

A cool system would be a sale hotel like many others games. Players can deposit their poke and fix a price. Buyers can filter the list choosing basic criterions : level, nature, and can order the table that will appear with others criterions (IV att, IV speed...).

Preview :

<poke name>

<list menu with nature>

<min level> <max level>

<<< Table >>>

poke1 (clickable link) - Price // lvl / att / def / spd / spatt / spdef / hp // IV att / def / spd / spatt / spdef // EV att / def / spd / spatt / spdef

poke2 (clickable link) - Price // lvl / att / def / spd / spatt / spdef / hp // IV att / def / spd / spatt / spdef // EV att / def / spd / spatt / spdef

poke3 (clickable link) - Price // lvl / att / def / spd / spatt / spdef / hp // IV att / def / spd / spatt / spdef // EV att / def / spd / spatt / spdef

how to code this ?

- each poke will have his own text file.

- when a player deposit a pokemon and define a price, it add a line in the text file containing all necessary data related to the table above. In addition, the ID of the owner is saved to accurately send the money or return the poke if not sold.

- the text file will translate into the table when a dresser view the listing for a certain poke. 

In fact at this step, you can choose :

either implement a way to buy directly from the tool

either only giving the name of the selling player so people can contact him and meet. While retrieving his poke from the deposit, the sell offer disappear. 

Common gamedesign related to this tool in order to shrink databases :

- % fee when creating and editing a sell order

- max time for a sell order

- max number of sell order

note : it's a bit different from the auction house listed in the "to do" list, though it may implement a auction alternative system. 

Edited by Alchi1
  • Like 1

i am pretty sure there is an auction house system that the devs are already considering to implement in the game, but there is no eta for it.
not easy task tho, considering that a whole new region is on the way and there is always a very little time between events that keep bringing new event forms