Has anyone encountered Absol today?

Sk8trgod618

Carrot-On-A-Stick is not good. :(

<t>Hello everyone. <br/>

I'll start off by saying that I love this game very greatly. I've never had as much fun playing any other pokemon game. But I have a complaint about something that has been bothering me for a while. I feel like there are a few pokemon in this game that have too low of an encounter rate. The encounter rate is low enough for a player to go through 600 encounters or more in one login session, without seeing the species they came for. I've spent a long period of time and over 90k in a single session in johto safari wet zone without getting feebas.<br/>

<br/>

Today, I've been hunting Absol (with Membership buff active) in Mt. Silver 3F, and just hit encounter 600, still no Absol.<br/>

<br/>

I honestly feel like quitting because I've spent 30-70 hours trying to get a good Feebas or Absol, and have only caught 4-6 of each, all bad, all taking way too many encounters than is healthy for anyone.<br/>

<br/>

Everyone says "it's an mmo, you have to grind for stuff"...<br/>

<br/>

I've played World of Warcraft for 9 years. This is not wow. Absol is not a legendary Pokemon. If I get Absol, is he going to break the meta and carry me to top of ladder? I don't understand why these "extremely rare" pokemon have to have such harsh encounter rates. Mt. Silver 3F and Johto Safari Wet Zone have left a bitter taste in my mouth that is so horrible, that I dont' even want to play. I'm too stubborn of a player to give up on finding absol or feebas, so I'm going to keep trying to bite the Carrot-On-A-Stick in front of me, until I either get the carrot, or (metaphorically) starve to death due to lack of carrot acquisition.. <br/>

<br/>

:(<br/>

<br/>

Thank you for taking your time to read this Topic. I'm sorry for giving off such a negative aura, but hey, that's what Feebas and Absol have done to me. <br/>

<br/>

I'd like to know if any other players have an opinion on this topic, other than "it's an mmo deal with it bro".<br/>

I'm looking for constructive feedback. I'd like to know what you think could or should be done, to prevent players like me from quitting or losing their minds, over "EXTREMELY RARE" pokemon, like Absol and Feebas.</t>

I'm at 700 encounters in mt. silver 3f today. Haven't seen Absol. Has he been removed over night? I found some yesterday after doing 1000 encounters, but then 700 today and not a single one. Has anyone seen a wild Absol today in Mt. Silver 3F?

I don't want to search for something that isn't there :(

144020 I'm at 700 encounters in mt. silver 3f today. Haven't seen Absol. Has he been removed over night? I found some yesterday after doing 1000 encounters, but then 700 today and not a single one. Has anyone seen a wild Absol today in Mt. Silver 3F?

I think its just chance that Absol hasn't shown up. It is in the lowest spawn rate tier so it would make sense that you wouldn't encounter it often.

144020 I'm at 700 encounters in mt. silver 3f today. Haven't seen Absol. Has he been removed over night? I found some yesterday after doing 1000 encounters, but then 700 today and not a single one. Has anyone seen a wild Absol today in Mt. Silver 3F?

absol is one of rare pokemon, so its pretty normal if you can not encounter one. Patience is needed.

143940 Hello everyone.

I'll start off by saying that I love this game very greatly. I've never had as much fun playing any other pokemon game. But I have a complaint about something that has been bothering me for a while. I feel like there are a few pokemon in this game that have too low of an encounter rate. The encounter rate is low enough for a player to go through 600 encounters or more in one login session, without seeing the species they came for. I've spent a long period of time and over 90k in a single session in johto safari wet zone without getting feebas.

Today, I've been hunting Absol (with Membership buff active) in Mt. Silver 3F, and just hit encounter 600, still no Absol.

I honestly feel like quitting because I've spent 30-70 hours trying to get a good Feebas or Absol, and have only caught 4-6 of each, all bad, all taking way too many encounters than is healthy for anyone.

Everyone says "it's an mmo, you have to grind for stuff"...

I've played World of Warcraft for 9 years. This is not wow. Absol is not a legendary Pokemon. If I get Absol, is he going to break the meta and carry me to top of ladder? I don't understand why these "extremely rare" pokemon have to have such harsh encounter rates. Mt. Silver 3F and Johto Safari Wet Zone have left a bitter taste in my mouth that is so horrible, that I dont' even want to play. I'm too stubborn of a player to give up on finding absol or feebas, so I'm going to keep trying to bite the Carrot-On-A-Stick in front of me, until I either get the carrot, or (metaphorically) starve to death due to lack of carrot acquisition..

:(

Thank you for taking your time to read this Topic. I'm sorry for giving off such a negative aura, but hey, that's what Feebas and Absol have done to me.

I'd like to know if any other players have an opinion on this topic, other than "it's an mmo deal with it bro".

I'm looking for constructive feedback. I'd like to know what you think could or should be done, to prevent players like me from quitting or losing their minds, over "EXTREMELY RARE" pokemon, like Absol and Feebas.

If you want to do comparison, there are bunch of MMO withterrible drop rate (plus pay2win) compared the extremely rare in PRO.

There won't be any changes on rate of extremely rare pokemon.

Might I suggest you to find absol/feebas on trade chat if you dont like to search one at wilds.

Hey,

This may help, or not? but since i'm playing PRO, i've noticed something strange... Sometime you will just not find the pokemon you you are looking for, no matter how hard you try, read my personal experiences until the end and you may understand.

Like 3 weeks ago i was looking for a Spiritomb, i was on the pokemon tower premium area roaming for hours, after 6 hours searching a god damn Spiritomb i found none, but still I managed to catch 6 encountered Litwick.

One or two days later (i dont remember exactly), i did another session of 4 hours, again no Spiritomb, but this time I catched 4-5 Duskull.

I gave up for a week, then I did another session of 4-5 hours, and this time lucky me, i've found 4 Spiritombs, none interesting unfortunately, but at the mean time i was talking with another player, and by himself he told me that he found 5-6 Spiritomb, and he was looking for a Litwick which he hasn't found in 5 hours...

Now, about Absol, i was not really searching for it, but i rose at least 7 pokes lvl 100 in the silver mt, and I was doing it on this place since the pokemons have the highest level, and it would gave me a chance to catch even a trash one for my dex...

I've been here everyday since the past two weeks, sometime for more than 4 hours in a row and i only had once a sesssion of 2-3 hours where i was able to catch tow Absol, since then I never met an Absol again.

To keep the things strange, the same thing happened at the same place with Larvitar, I was never crossing it untill someday I catched 5 in less than an hour, and two in a row with a third one separated by another poke (had not the chance to catch more, the server has crashed at some point).

All the mentioned events above was under the right spawn hour morning/day/night of the given pokes.

Maybe this is "exceptional circumstances" or in others words luck, but i don't believe in chance... i think this is made on purpose by the devs, or at least the usage of a poor pseudo random number generator (PRNG) algorithm with a time seed which in both case lead to the above behavior.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a very rare pokemon, your best move would be to:

1. know someone who spend alot of time on the given spot, where the poke appear, then ask him/her to warn you when they began to meet the "poke".

2. hunt for sessions of 2 hours at least every day untill you find it then, farm the spot untill your are exhausted.

But bare in mind, these are only assumption, so take it for what is it, and experience it yourself.

Dev didnt do it on purpose, the spawn rate is purely chances without time seed or spawn count or ms activation. extremely rare pokemon's spawn rate is really low which is "normal" if you cant find it a whole day due bad luck. Don't compare the rate spawn of console with PRO though, many things were different to match the MMO element, and you can say extremely rare pokemon like obtaining epic items in other mmo/gacha games.

144652 you can say extremely rare pokemon like obtaining epic items in other mmo/gacha games.

Well, each pokemon encounter is time consuming, if you have spent your whole day farming a pokemon, and manage to catch it, you still have to take in consideration the 6 pokemon IVs, the 25 different natures, and the abilities...

lets do a funny thing... yay, i know i said funny u_u

Say Absol has a 1% chance to appear, which i believe is probably way less than this if what you said above is true, but whatever... now, say we want a "decent" Absol not a perfect one, just a freakin "decent" one... As you may know, Absol is an average physical sweeper poke with 465 of base stats, so a decent Absol would be an "adamant" one with more or less the following IVs:

HP: 28

ATK: 29

DEF: 21

SPATK: 02

SPDEF: 22

SPEED: 26

total: 128 (i did this number on purpose for the below maths)

So on paper the above pokemon chance to be met is ((32 ^ 4) * 25) * 100) which is equal to one chance over 2,621,440,000.

But that's not over, you cannot win the lottery, if you don't buy a ticket! Your ticket will be to beat the johto elite 4, then the karate master, and finally be under the premium membership. Once you've done all that, you must search for it, Absol cannot be encountered by chance while randomly walking over a bush on an important road such the 27 one...

An average pokemon encouter last aproximatively 10 seconds (battling and searching for it), so this is gonna take 26,214,400,000 seconds for someone to maybe or maybe not find this pokemon. Simple fact: the oldest person who has ever lived on earth is Jeanne Calment who has lived 122 years, and 164 days, which is equal to 3,864,153,600 seconds if you take in consideration leap years.

FL0zPbF.jpg

If i ever was looking for a "decent" Absol i would been probably dead before it has happened. If you think the same thing i do.. then you're right! The player is not alone on the server and everyone can search for it. So after 1,800 players (who have beaten the johto elite four and karate master) relaying themselves on the [glow=blue]legendary[/glow]task to [glow=red]"Catch the decent Absol"[/glow] for 14,563,556 secs or 168 days (implying no server crashes) then, we may or may not find this absol by this time. but hey, remember this is an average time, yep! also this calcul do not take in consideration the abilities factor.

So yeah... we're talking about way too much chance here, true fact: i have a bigger chance by buying a lottery ticket, become a billionaire, bribe pokemon revolution online staff for $1,000,000 to give me a perfect Absol (not sure for this part tho :kiss: ). In that case i will still have enough money for the others 721 pokes, and some extra money to buy a large enough house and pool to make an epic pool party with the Pokemon Revolution Online Player Base & Staff lmao.

My advice here is: buy a lottery ticket, and no longer waste your time with Absol, since you can access a way more effective physical sweeper with weavile, and if you want absol for your dex then contact me ingame, i'll trade it to you as long you trade it back to me.

My point is: rare is something, but misplacing, or making a pokemon unrealistically rare, or even the combination of the two, can lead to an unused pokemon.. in this case it does not hurt much the PVP balance (which is important in an MMO), but in some others case it may.