Rule clarification on keyboard controls. Don't wanna be banned

Hawsspot

Hey guys, 

Quick question, just because there was confusion in the help channel in-game-

I know botting and software and such are not allowed in the game and are bannable, but I wondered about keyboard sequencing. I just have a lot of coursework for schooling I'm usually doing and wanted to do minimal hunting while I do that. I don't want anything automated or to run the encounters or anything, because I know that would be a lot of cheating and quite unfair. Someone just mentioned that something I could do is use my keyboard key commands so I can press a single key to do the "up" and "down" arrow input for a few (maybe 10 or 15) seconds just to walk back and forth, then I would be manually running from pokes, or battling or catching. This way I can write a few sentences on an essay, or whatnot in between the encounters, run the encounter, press the key, and do another couple of sentences.....

Again, nothing modifying the game or software, and nothing running or automating encounters..... just simply having my keyboard record my up and down inputs through input memorization and then repeat it with a key-press in order to encounter the pokemon somewhat hands-free.

Would this be allowed or even considered cheating since it is only through my keyboard, no software or macros? I just want to make sure so I don't get banned for some stupid reason.

Thanks guys 

21 minutes ago, Hawsspot said:

Hey guys, 

Quick question, just because there was confusion in the help channel in-game-

I know botting and software and such are not allowed in the game and are bannable, but I wondered about keyboard sequencing. I just have a lot of coursework for schooling I'm usually doing and wanted to do minimal hunting while I do that. I don't want anything automated or to run the encounters or anything, because I know that would be a lot of cheating and quite unfair. Someone just mentioned that something I could do is use my keyboard key commands so I can press a single key to do the "up" and "down" arrow input for a few (maybe 10 or 15) seconds just to walk back and forth, then I would be manually running from pokes, or battling or catching. This way I can write a few sentences on an essay, or whatnot in between the encounters, run the encounter, press the key, and do another couple of sentences.....

Again, nothing modifying the game or software, and nothing running or automating encounters..... just simply having my keyboard record my up and down inputs through input memorization and then repeat it with a key-press in order to encounter the pokemon somewhat hands-free.

Would this be allowed or even considered cheating since it is only through my keyboard, no software or macros? I just want to make sure so I don't get banned for some stupid reason.

Thanks guys 

Hey @Hawsspot,

thank you for asking first before you try it out.
The answer is simple: Its not allowed.

It falls under following rule:

• 5. Using any kind of unauthorised software, hacking or editing the PRO game/ client is prohibited.
    Unauthorised software includes:
    • Any kind of automated software. (Bots, Macro).
    • Software which injects into PRO's files to give unfair advantages. (Speed hacking).
    • External software that gives unfair advantages, which is not endorsed by PRO.

You have to enter every input by yourself.

Do you have any additional questions?

Kind regards~

2 hours ago, Doctile said:

Hey @Hawsspot,

thank you for asking first before you try it out.
The answer is simple: Its not allowed.

It falls under following rule:

You have to enter every input by yourself.

Do you have any additional questions?

Kind regards~

So i guess would it still not be allowed even though I am inputing every command, its just that I set one key input to trigger a small sequence of keys? Its still manual, and wont go automatically ever. I still have to press a key at the end of every encounter in order to run/walk through grass. 

11 minutes ago, Hawsspot said:

So i guess would it still not be allowed even though I am inputing every command, its just that I set one key input to trigger a small sequence of keys? Its still manual, and wont go automatically ever. I still have to press a key at the end of every encounter in order to run/walk through grass. 

Yes, I understand but: no. 😛
There are a lot of macros
that do exactly that on your mouse, keyboard or whatever. Everything not allowed.