Suggestions I've thought off.

Gawerty

This is going to get mixed opinions, I can already tell.

So, this is an opinion of mine, since people are shifting to wanting the game harder, rather than easy. I believe something about EXP should be done.

Normally in regular pokemon games, when you beat a trainers pokemon, as soon as you beat it, you get exp and possibly level/learn a new move, and then the trainer sends out his next pokemon, recycle/repeat.

So, in a way, someone could continuoslly re-battle a NPC after their two hour timer, that gives a fair chunk of exp for each pokemon (Except for the Elite Four because of the 1 day cooldown)

My suggestion is that instead of awarding exp per every pokemon defeat as soon as they are defeated, that you award it all at the end. This way, this prevents people abusing an NPC, due to the low cooldown time.

----

This suggestion is just simple, A player could have an option in their options to turn this off or on.

The suggestion is that when a player encounters a pokemon, that is either Shiny, or the highest rarity, The System will announce that the player has caught it - if he does indeed catch it.

This could also be applied to something like "PLAYER has beaten GYM 1 of Kanto/Johto/Hoenn" or "PLAYER has beaten Elite Four of Kanto/Hoenn"

There isn't a big need for this obviously, but it is a feature I do like.

“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”

Announcing players achievements may overflow the chat window and/or may expose the player to allowing other players to see what Pokemon they caught or how far along they are in the game. If I catch a shiny Pokemon, I don't want the whole player community to know because maybe everyone would be messaging you to trade it. Then again, you mentioned there could be an off switch for this, so that would protect the player.

In general, this would cause more lines of code for the system to run through and may create a phase shift in the system response, which creates lag in the gameplay experience.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX50HvhXx182ANOBZ-jCYoEu1oiOOg5-X9zjXvybOhmoji1V72

I think that any kind of suggestion are valid, but I honestly don't agree with you on your both suggestions. Yeah, the idea of a harder game was fortunately accepted for some players, including me, but first you need to understand that will be more stronger NPCs than just elite four. Gaining exp in the end of each battle instead of each pokemon defeated would be unfair, especially for those people who wish training a low lvl pokemon. So, I'm in Viridian Forest training any new weak pokémon and if I wont kill all the NPCs pokémon, I won't supposed gain any exp? Sometimes we like to train a few pokes at the same time and a weak place is perfect for that training. And for those hard battles, if you could killed a Mega Pokémon, for example, and almost all of your team are dead, but anyway, you did, you killed it... I supposed got this exp. So, waiting the rest of NPCs team that can, somehow, kill my survivors pokes, just to gain my fair exp won't be a nice idea because this exp wouldn't be guaranteed.

Besides, I think the cooldown of each NPC need to be readjusted for what kind of place they are and its functionality there. With this suggestion, a victory road NPC would have the same cooldown of youngster Joey, this seems unfair at all.

About the system's announcement, if a player could have an option to able or disable this messages, like you said, it's ok for me. But if we can't, I agree with Engineer. Some people won't like their achievements revealed into the public. Badges achievements and things like that won't be so problematic, but hard pokes and shiny pokes caught would mean some headache, believe me.

EZrqsq6.png