List of things I don't like in PRO

Destofworlds

1. 1.

This is my list of things that I do not really like in PRO, there is one major one and a few minor ones. However I don't want to just say I don't like something without a reason why and a way (if I have an idea of how) to improve said disliked things. I would also like to say that I thoroughly enjoy PRO, and that I want to see it become the best it can possibly be. So without further ado, my list of things I don't like in PRO (man I really need to work on a better title).

• The Writing

My biggest issue with PRO is the writing. Now I grant you that perhaps it is less important than implementing a new region or new mechanics, but bad writing can be a put-off even when mechanics and content are otherwise solid. This is not to say all the writing is bad, in fact most of it is perfectly fine, but some of the major quest dialogue is just simply hard to get through. This was highlighted for me today as I was doing the Rocket quest in Goldenrod. There weren't any misspellings, grammatically incorrect sentences, there wasn't even any incorrect word usage. The dialogue was simply awkward and that made it hard to sit through. Phrases you would never hear in everyday speech such as; "He usually delivers a drink at this juncture" or "while maintaining the inequity of my job", and many more from your own and other characters. While this is not game breaking or anything of the like it certainly hampers my enjoyment of the game. While not pressing perhaps some revisions should be considered for some of the dialogue.

• Map Transitions

Everything else after the writing is mostly minor nitpicking over small annoyances, and holding down forward into a transition and not continuing after said transition is the biggest minor annoyance. When walking into a Pokémon Center you immediately stop upon entering the door instead of continuing forward (like I said, minor annoyances). I do not know if this is due to some limitation of the program or if it is even possible to fix, but it sure as heck messes with my flow and if there is a way to fix it, I would be that much happier.

• The Day/Night Cycle

I am not a huge fan of the amount of time it takes for a full day/night cycle, I personally think it is way too long. Especially considering queue times and somewhat frequent disconnects it can be incredibly frustrating when you finally get on to look for a Pokémon that only appears during the day to have to wait hours to look for it. I would much prefer a shorter day/night cycle.

• Level ??

I have looked on the forums for an answer to why gymleader's Pokémon and some other characters Pokémon are Level ?? and haven't found an answer, maybe I'm just blind. Is there a reason for it that I don't know about? What I do know is that it annoys the heck out of me not to be able to have some target number to match when facing off against a gym leader after a good trouncing the first time through.

TL;DR Despite the few annoyances I have, I really do love PRO and have sunk waaaay too much time into it so far and plan to continue doing so. Over all it is a great experience and I would love to see it get even better.

~destofworlds: Origins Guild Sub-Leader

145091 This is my list of things that I do not really like in PRO, there is one major one and a few minor ones. However I don't want to just say I don't like something without a reason why and a way (if I have an idea of how) to improve said disliked things. I would also like to say that I thoroughly enjoy PRO, and that I want to see it become the best it can possibly be. So without further ado, my list of things I don't like in PRO (man I really need to work on a better title).

• The Writing

My biggest issue with PRO is the writing. Now I grant you that perhaps it is less important than implementing a new region or new mechanics, but bad writing can be a put-off even when mechanics and content are otherwise solid. This is not to say all the writing is bad, in fact most of it is perfectly fine, but some of the major quest dialogue is just simply hard to get through. This was highlighted for me today as I was doing the Rocket quest in Goldenrod. There weren't any misspellings, grammatically incorrect sentences, there wasn't even any incorrect word usage. The dialogue was simply awkward and that made it hard to sit through. Phrases you would never hear in everyday speech such as; "He usually delivers a drink at this juncture" or "while maintaining the inequity of my job", and many more from your own and other characters. While this is not game breaking or anything of the like it certainly hampers my enjoyment of the game. While not pressing perhaps some revisions should be considered for some of the dialogue.

• Map Transitions

Everything else after the writing is mostly minor nitpicking over small annoyances, and holding down forward into a transition and not continuing after said transition is the biggest minor annoyance. When walking into a Pokémon Center you immediately stop upon entering the door instead of continuing forward (like I said, minor annoyances). I do not know if this is due to some limitation of the program or if it is even possible to fix, but it sure as heck messes with my flow and if there is a way to fix it, I would be that much happier.

• The Day/Night Cycle

I am not a huge fan of the amount of time it takes for a full day/night cycle, I personally think it is way too long. Especially considering queue times and somewhat frequent disconnects it can be incredibly frustrating when you finally get on to look for a Pokémon that only appears during the day to have to wait hours to look for it. I would much prefer a shorter day/night cycle.

• Level ??

I have looked on the forums for an answer to why gymleader's Pokémon and some other characters Pokémon are Level ?? and haven't found an answer, maybe I'm just blind. Is there a reason for it that I don't know about? What I do know is that it annoys the heck out of me not to be able to have some target number to match when facing off against a gym leader after a good trouncing the first time through.

TL;DR Despite the few annoyances I have, I really do love PRO and have sunk waaaay too much time into it so far and plan to continue doing so. Over all it is a great experience and I would love to see it get even better.

The Writing - neutral, no idea

Map Transitions - I don't see any annoyed in here. Is that only you think it? Not sure, maybe need voted then

Day/night Cycle - I think it good enough now, disagree with your idea. Common it not long :Ambivalent:

Level ?? - It's for mystery as you will not get the exactly the level of gym leader. However, you can estimate around as Level gym = number gym x 10 + 5 (Johto more +5 lv)

Guest Scruffmaguff2

how about getting banned for no reason? Accused of using a macro because i was catching magikarp. supposedly I was doing that so i wouldn't go afk? Also sent in the appeal and they denied me? Like are you kidding me 200 hrs of game time, 2nd month of being a member and also a member of the dragons club 250 poke caught and also 40 evolves. Yet i get banned because they THOUGHT i was using a so called macro. Like this game is in beta how is there people out there that actually have macros's lol. Seriously. It's so annying and yet they still won't listen to me. I could understand if i was actually cheating, I wouldn't care. It's a shame that they will be losing 100's of dollars from my friend and I because you banned me for no LEGIT reason. I was no cheating and never was. I have too much to lose.

Phrases you would never hear in everyday speech such as; "He usually delivers a drink at this juncture" or "while maintaining the inequity of my job", and many more from your own and other characters.

I actually like it, because it expand the players' vocabulary.

Even the official games did such thing. Just look at the name of some moves or abilities.

We have moves called Quash, Rototiller, Ion Deluge, and Quiver Dance, and abilities called Moxie and Grass Pelt.

Those names aren't from PRO, those are from the official games.

145091What I do know is that it annoys the heck out of me not to be able to have some target number to match when facing off against a gym leader after a good trouncing the first time through.

I always think that was the entire point - to increase the challenge by preventing you from knowing what level to aim in order to completely overpower them. That way, you cannot easily overpower them.