Role playing into a sticky hold pokemon didn't work

Hangather

1. 1.

Hello, I've read some other issues about the move role play but it appears to be working in most cases. I don't know the exact circumstances for the bug to occur, but I want to report as it happened to me:

1. I confirmed with frisk ability that the pokemon was holding the item I wanted to farm;

2. Switched into a role play pokemon to be sure the target wouldn't have sticky hold (it was a grimer/muk)

3. Switched into a thief pokemon to steal the item.

Even so, the pokemon died, still holding the item and I couldn't get it this way.

Here the video I made about this issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_S67twbEKY. In addition, the muks that has been showed to have stench ability by role play awarded me the item as normal when I used thief move, so I think the problem is about not being able to keep the change on the sticky hold ability between the turn in which role play took effect and the turn in which thief was used (maybe because of the switch?). Are there other abilities that change back in between turns as if role play wasn't even used?

Thanks for the attention

148750 Hello, I've read some other issues about the move role play but it appears to be working in most cases. I don't know the exact circumstances for the bug to occur, but I want to report as it happened to me:

1. I confirmed with frisk ability that the pokemon was holding the item I wanted to farm;

2. Switched into a role play pokemon to be sure the target wouldn't have sticky hold (it was a grimer/muk)

3. Switched into a thief pokemon to steal the item.

Even so, the pokemon died, still holding the item and I couldn't get it this way.

Here the video I made about this issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_S67twbEKY. In addition, the muks that has been showed to have stench ability by role play awarded me the item as normal when I used thief move, so I think the problem is about not being able to keep the change on the sticky hold ability between the turn in which role play took effect and the turn in which thief was used (maybe because of the switch?). Are there other abilities that change back in between turns as if role play wasn't even used?

Thanks for the attention

Hi your video show that Muk have sticky hold not the stench ability. Information about ability sticky hold https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sticky_Hold_(Ability)

In PRO, role play only copy ability to your pokemon, not replace ability of wild pokemon also. As a result, I don't see any bug in here?

148767 In PRO, role play only copy ability to your pokemon, not replace ability of wild pokemon also. As a result, I don't see any bug in here?

That explains it. I was assuming it would replace the ability of the wild pokemon at least for the duration of the battle, so I could steal even from a muk that spawned with sticky hold. Since it's meant to work this way in this game, it is no bug. Thanks for the quick answer and useful informations, since I'll use that move approprietely from now on :thanks: