Johto is hard to grind

Chorachora

I will agree that if you're going to lvl on wild pokemon in Johto then the grind will be terrible. Those pokemon are seriously low lvl compared to your progress.

Like there's no lvl increase for the wild pokemon after you have beaten the 2nd gym although you can't enter the forest before you do. Would have expected a lvl jump there.

Next place that could use an increase in lvl is the route after goldenrod. Both the trainers there and the wild pokemon seems really underlvled. I usually hit 40+ from the story in goldenrod so it feels really unbalanced that when you get out on the other side you'll be fighting pokemon around lvl 14.

You can go through Johto just fine with MS, the good rod, and not evolving your pokemon. Then you get all the lvl you need. But would be nice if you could also go in a normal way without feeling like killing yourself.

pro_trainer_card_v3_1.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

157679 I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the grinding for the 4th gym as I was able to clear it with 3 35's and a 40 so saying you need level 50's is not true honestly you can finish all the johto gyms with lvl 63 team so it isn't that bad

I really doubt that. Johto gyms are gym # x 10 + 10 for level which means they are level 50. You'd have to outspeed a lv 50 gengar when 15 levels behind.

I'm sure they buffed Johto Gym and League levels because I tried to beat League 2 months ago and I defeated ALL Pokemon except 2 (last one) at level 70, and 2 weeks ago I started playing again and I must level up to 90 to beat them...

A tip for Johto League: Use Gengar vs the Champion, he will always use Earthquake :Light:

Yq5wlZY.gif

Playing Pokémon Moon... I will come back >:)