Hidden Ability not transferred when pokemon evolved

Mashh92

hi there 

i dont know if this is the right place to post as im not sure its a bug. i caught a magikarp jolly nature and rattled ability under the impression it would have moxie when it evolved, its now evolved and the ability is intimidate ive tried searching forum for help but cant see anything. dont want to ev train it any further until i know and if this is supposed to happen when pokemon are evolving is the ability change just random then ? 

any insight by someone who knows better than me is welcome 

thanks 

6 hours ago, Mashh92 said:

hi there 

i dont know if this is the right place to post as im not sure its a bug. i caught a magikarp jolly nature and rattled ability under the impression it would have moxie when it evolved, its now evolved and the ability is intimidate ive tried searching forum for help but cant see anything. dont want to ev train it any further until i know and if this is supposed to happen when pokemon are evolving is the ability change just random then ? 

any insight by someone who knows better than me is welcome 

thanks 

Hiya @Mashh92

Hidden Ability on your Magikarp always translates to Hidden Ability upon evolution into Gyarados as most other Pokemon. There are some exceptions to this, like Ferroseed which has one ability, Iron Barbs but upon evolving into Ferrothorn, has a 5% chance of turning into its Hidden Ability, Anticipation.

You have two Adamant Nature - Moxie - Gyarados and one Jolly Nature - Intimidate - Gyarados, which is the one you claim has suffered the bug, but unfortunately it is not the case here. In this case, you might have mixed them up as it is impossible to have happened otherwise.

I understand that this is not the reply you might have expected but there is nothing we can do to make it so. You can go back to hunting to find another one with your preferred nature and ability and train that.

I hope that you understand. Let me know if you have any more concerns regarding this.

Have a wonderful rest of your day,

Fusionflair

• Like 1

image.gif.4659ccad55390ba490df6abd38f1be2b.gif

General Support / Bug Resolution / General Complaint Report Center / Discipline Appeals

Have a question, or facing an issue with something in the game?

->Make a thread to reach out to us in the correct subforum.

Please do not contact us for private support.

Know that, sharing your questions in forums can be useful to other players.

thankyou for taking the time to reply and clear that up for me.

it makes me feel better knowing that its not a bug 🙂.

ill just make do with the one i have for now, thanks again.

4 hours ago, Mashh92 said:

thankyou for taking the time to reply and clear that up for me.

it makes me feel better knowing that its not a bug 🙂.

ill just make do with the one i have for now, thanks again.

Hiya @Mashh92

Glad to know that you understand. 

As there are no more question regarding this and that we have established that there is no bug regarding this, I will now lock this thread. Feel free to make a new one in case of any other such issues or questions in the future.

Take care,

Fusionflair

• Like 1

image.gif.4659ccad55390ba490df6abd38f1be2b.gif

General Support / Bug Resolution / General Complaint Report Center / Discipline Appeals

Have a question, or facing an issue with something in the game?

->Make a thread to reach out to us in the correct subforum.

Please do not contact us for private support.

Know that, sharing your questions in forums can be useful to other players.