What happens to 4 separate accounts after the merge?

Amaske

I understand from the announcement on discord that after the merge everyone will only be able to have one account and Gold & Silver conterparts of a single account will become 2 separate Characters inside it.

But what about the other 3 Accounts that a player is allowed to have right now. What will happen to them?

Taking my example; This is my main account (Amaske) which is connected to Gmail No.1

My 2nd account is connected to Gmail No.2

3rd is connected to Gmail No.3 and my 4th account is again connected to Gmail No.1

• Will all 4 of these become Characters in my Main Account?

• If so, do I have to connect all of them to a single Gmail before the merge?

• And what will happen to all the Items and Pokemon in each of these accounts?

• Would they be accessible by all the Characters?

• If not, would it be possible to be able to trade between 2 Characters of the same Account?

Edited by Amaske

20 hours ago, Amaske said:

I understand from the announcement on discord that after the merge everyone will only be able to have one account and Gold & Silver conterparts of a single account will become 2 separate Characters inside it.

But what about the other 3 Accounts that a player is allowed to have right now. What will happen to them?

Taking my example; This is my main account (Amaske) which is connected to Gmail No.1

My 2nd account is connected to Gmail No.2

3rd is connected to Gmail No.3 and my 4th account is again connected to Gmail No.1

• Will all 4 of these become Characters in my Main Account?

• If so, do I have to connect all of them to a single Gmail before the merge?

• And what will happen to all the Items and Pokemon in each of these accounts?

• Would they be accessible by all the Characters?

• If not, would it be possible to be able to trade between 2 Characters of the same Account?

Hello @Amaske

The merger announced for the future in our Official Discord Server(click to join) is to be of two types, a servers merge and an accounts merge.

The server merge is to be really very simple, i.e., it will merge all accounts across all servers(Red, Blue, Silver, Gold) into one.

The accounts merge is a little complicated and is hence raising a lot of questions such as yours. Right now, an account is a player profile with the ability to have one character per server where you log in with your username. You can have upto 4 accounts in total, with a total of 8 characters, taking two servers into account.

With the merge, the accounts and multiple characters that you have will be merged into one singular player profile, where you log in with your email address and you can even create more of those(a cap for the number of characters is not set yet, but it will be more than the ones you can create right now). In short, you are allowed to have one account but with multiple characters under one single email address.

I'll explain to you now how this is to take place:

1. Merging all accounts associated to you to one single email address.
    1) If your accounts are all associated to one email only, there is no action needed to be a taken.
    2) If they are under different email addresses, they will need to be merged manually.
  2. Characters where currently both associated with one single account have progress on Gold and Silver both. 
    For example, if my Gold account has 4 hours of playtime and Silver - 1k hours, both will qualify for the merge. When it happens, I will be asked to change my names on the characters, since both had the same name in the previous servers, and that one name cannot exist twice in the singular new server.
  3. Characters that are currently not merged, with more than 10 minutes playtime on Red or Blue servers. These will also qualify for the merge. These will be treated the same as the accounts in the second step, where more than one character is merged.
  4. Characters with <10 minutes of playtime AND have not logged in the last 6 months will be deleted.
    For example, if your account, Amaske, has 1k hours in Gold and 5 minutes in Silver, the Gold one will be kept and the Silver character will be deleted.

Advice would be to get ready for it, sooner rather than later.

If you have different accounts associated with different email addresses, please change the email on them to the same one; you can do this from the Dashboard(more info here). We will be seeing to what can be done about players who leave it until the last minute, or even after the merge has taken place, then they'd run into issues with the 2FA. In the near future, a subforum might be created to help with account change requests, but for now there is the 2FA - Email Recovery(more info here) subforum.

If you have any accounts with less than 10 minutes of gameplay and not logged into in the last 6 months, you may log into it and play on it to surpass 10 minutes, if you wish to keep it.

For the rest of your questions, we do not have enough info about and will probably be announced and addressed along with a lot of other questions and concerns, on a later date.

I hope that you and other players find this information useful. If you have any further questions regarding this, please feel free to ask.

Have a great rest of your day,

Fusionflair

• Like 1

image.gif.4659ccad55390ba490df6abd38f1be2b.gif

General Support / Bug Resolution / General Complaint Report Center / Discipline Appeals

Have a question, or facing an issue with something in the game?

->Make a thread to reach out to us in the correct subforum.

Please do not contact us for private support.

Know that, sharing your questions in forums can be useful to other players.

Thank you for a detailed answer.

I understand the situation now and will be connecting my accounts to a single email effective immediately. 

Will also encourage my friends to do the same.