genell gone

Abel

Its no wonder genell left..And poor old shane probably has no idea whats going on behind the curtain probably doesn't even pay attention to someone once they hit the staffing board. So now we have a bunch of kids talking down to everyone without a bubble next to their name and no ability to at best block this kid who is only hurting the community.

And disprove my post because you can't accept when you are corrected by unprivileged non staff.

You can't accept being exposed. At this point I feel Ive wasted supporting in a game were staff cannot admit being wrong with a "I'm always right I control you look at my bubble" mentality instead of being a team with your community.

Only the inferior talk down on others regardless of their privileges or positions.

Inferior to their community with their heads in the clouds unwilling to evolve.

what happened?

Stuff that's against the rules to talk about in the forums. You can only vaguely mention events but cannot call out kids who are over privileged and using those privileges to hurt the community.

Only the inferior talk down on others regardless of their privileges or positions.

Hello,

I'm not going to sugarcoat problems that we as staff may have when interacting with players; we are not infallible or even tenable when it pertains to our public behavior, and anyone who thinks we are is blurring fundamental differences between a professional and volunteer-driven staff. As this is the first experience on staff for a volunteer game for many of our current staff members, many are only getting their feet wet in the delicate realm of player-staff interactions and thus it can be a growing pain on both sides as they find the poise for interactions—especially in a new, upsurgent community that is more high-interaction.

With that being said, using caustic generalities, which may be the takeaway of some in this topic, will not help. It only makes it seem as if your goal is to take jabs at the staff more so than to make amends; whether that correctly reflects your intentions or not, many are inclined to have that takeaway at face value, and thus it is always advisable to emphasize one's post on constructive criticism more so than personalizing an issue to help make ends meet.

We value the staff-community relations, which can oftentimes be the X-Factor in one's decision to stay with this game or not—particularly when it pertains to first-impression attitudes towards the project. What players do not see behind the scenes as much is the initiatives the administrators, among other staff members, make in attempting to correct the staff's behavior. Without specifically giving us pointers as to where the issue is with a staff member's behavior, however, we are as good off as taking a shot in the dark with what direction to go in rectifying it.

If this topic ends up locked, it will be done so not because it vilifies the staff but because it is coming across as a potentially toxic minefield that not everyone will tread through carefully. If the goal of this topic is inclined towards constructive criticism for the staff, I would be interested to help veer it into that direction; otherwise, if that constructive-criticism purpose is clouded by a more vitriolic theme in this topic, no one will be better off from it.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Hello,

[glow=red]I'm not going to sugarcoat problems that we as staff may have when interacting with players; we are not infallible or even tenable when it pertains to our public behavior,[/glow] and anyone who thinks we are is blurring fundamental differences between a professional and volunteer-driven staff. As this is the first experience on staff for a volunteer game for many of our current staff members, many are only getting their feet wet in the delicate realm of player-staff interactions and thus it can be a growing pain on both sides as they find the poise for interactions—especially in a new, upsurgent community that is more high-interaction.

You are my hero. Very understanding.

With that being said, using caustic generalities, which may be the takeaway of some in this topic, will not help. [glow=red]It only makes it seem as if your goal is to take jabs at the staff more so than to make amends[/glow]; whether that correctly reflects your intentions or not, many are inclined to have that takeaway at face value, and thus it is always advisable to emphasize one's post on constructive criticism more so than personalizing an issue to help make ends meet.

I have not a need to amend. I have follow terms of service and the rules pages. Some staff are not following their own guides but if you'd like to be the judge I will gladly show you the topics and you can decide if you choose to view both positions. In every topic I'm referring to the staff have either implied their position as being better then the community or have implied they are never wrong and that the player is always wrong in any argument against them.

It was intentionally not personalized as you do not see me typing names of the offending actors here.

[glow=red]We value the staff-community relations[/glow],[glow=red]which can oftentimes be the X-Factor in one's decision to stay with this game[/glow] or not—particularly when it pertains to first-impression attitudes towards the project. What players do not see behind the scenes as much is the initiatives the administrators, among other staff members, make in attempting to correct the staff's behavior. [glow=red]Without specifically giving us pointers as to where the issue is with a staff member's behavior[/glow], however, we are as good off as taking a shot in the dark with what direction to go in rectifying it.

We'll said about the staffing relations it was the same in the last game Shane designed and created himself under bluerise I wont detail the outcomes.

I'm currently putting together my report to be turned in with evidence. I never work without strict evidence but at the same time the first answer is all that matters to me in helping a community fix their problems before its too late.

If this topic ends up locked, it will be done so not because it vilifies the staff but because it is coming across as a[glow=red]potentially toxic minefield that not everyone will tread through carefully[/glow].[glow=red]If the goal of this topic is inclined towards constructive criticism for the staff, I would be interested to help veer it into that direction[/glow]; otherwise, if that constructive-criticism purpose is clouded by a more vitriolic theme in this topic, no one will be better off from it.

Could you explain my topics resemblance to a poisonous minefield? I'm not arguing but I personally don't see a problem for anyone who isn't merely wanting to cover up exposure.

The topics point is to get someone who can fix the problems to hear me out before im shut out by those afraid to be exposed to the truth.

But I can see how you'd take that last line what you are thinking of replying or thinking after reading it trust me ive seen it a hundred times by staffing from both games that were created. The whole "Our staff come first our staff are always right" so ill spare you the time.

Hope you wont take it too offensively my wording can sound harsher then intended because I like results not excuses. Bluerise was an excuse and those involved seen where it got him.

I introduced Genell with PRO mapping team as well as other staff. Genell originally became inactive after severe mental trauma which I wont go into details about. She was showing the interest to come back and did work for us in the process. However, she had to move to another place to live and had random issues to deal with in the meantime. For a person with a condition those are hard to handle and I totally understand her given that we are on the spectrum. Later on, I've been cleaning the staff ranks based on the inactivity, days without noticing and so on. Good number of staff was removed and Genell was one of them. However, I've created a rank called Former staff and special forum for them so they can contact us about news and updates from their end.

Recently, our lead mapper had to become inactive due to military obligations. Regardless, he is aware of the updates and progress being done. That being said, most of those deserved leave of absence. Same people were providing constant work and updates during the time they were active. Nothing is wrong there. I used to manage the staff more often then I do now given that I am working on several things at same time and alone. To reduce the pressure from myself I've recently introduced the management rank. Management rank is a rank made of people who are group leaders and where every group leader manages their staff and recruits them with higher ups reviewing the same.

There are also staff forums about possibles staff candidates and how to manage them. A lot of people are being brought up, especially as of late. No one is being given a rank randomly. Same place is being used as a filter for people who applied for said rank. Given such system in place, management can share their opinion about someone who wants to join. That being said, I am not defending anyone. I am being realistic. However, people are often doing so much work and they need a moment to vent out as it is justified. When we started discussing the game I stated several times that staff might change several times before we release and pretty much that is what happened and that is normal and is to be expected.

Given that game gone live I believe job was done alright. Keep also in mind that good number of staff is doing things alone due to amount of tasks needed to be done. You don't encounter a Pokemon, walk on maps and do the quests or seeing nice art because were vocal. You are seeing them because people worked on them. You don't have exclusive areas, MS pokes, quests and balanced spawns because I was sleeping. You have them because I was awake and working alone on them. Same goes for other staff who were/are doing things alone. I believe this explains enough to you. If you really want to know, I personally criticized staff and testers many times but all in good manner. I even told million of times that people are lazy and blind for errors but still they all know it's all in our common interest. That is for you implying that staff are sleeping on silk made bed. Trust me they don't and they are very professional when it comes to providing the work and show the results.

In any case, I personally appreciate your input and concern and surely if there are any problems you addressed I am sure staff will figure them out and re-think. People are always learning, no one is perfect. You also have to know that people have life outside of the game and priority list. For instance, people are job hunting constantly meaning they want to progress. Another example is Shane about to get a baby where you will see less activity from his side. Same can be said for me. Most likely in October I will be moving due to my career in Forensic science. Do I have internet if I move and am I going to have time like I have time? I can't tell. That can suggest you that things are being worked on constantly. No one is perfect. Some people are trying some are lazy to try but I see my staff as ones who are trying. Remember, they aren't doing anything because of themselves. They have no reason to stick around when you look at personal interest. They are here because of you and spend some free tome to do something to make people happy.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

Guest UnknownUser11

Abel, i know exactly what goes on, this post has to be one of the more arrogant I have read.

Genell had severe life trauma and had to leave.

No staff has ever left on bad terms, only life issues and things going on.

Unless they were so bad they needed to be removed.

I would like it if you would stop bringing me into your posts or talk about me when you have no idea what really goes on.

I know exactly what my staff are doing, and you just look like you are out to cause drama.