My Question is "Can I Use Rain Team???"

Yeah

Swift Swim + Drizzle ABILITY

Like a Kingdra and Politoad

I just asking :D

because Im a Newbie

1283bd0551f256cfa7e23403ef364ca8.jpg

[glow=red]Sylveonnn >.<[/glow]

For some unknown reason sandstorm is allowed in tournaments even tho its broken, while rain ( without scald waterfall encore working ) is somehow not allowed, unlucky i guess. But in ranked you can play everything.

155482 For some unknown reason sandstorm is allowed in tournaments even tho its broken, while rain ( without scald waterfall encore working ) is somehow not allowed, unlucky i guess. But in ranked you can play everything.

I was wondering, why though. Normally,

Chlorophyll + Drought on the same Team is forbidden

Swift Swim + Drizzle on the same Team is forbidden

Sand Rush + Sandstorm on the same Team is forbidden

I guess it's because of the unbalance of the pokemon. (Talonflame but no Rotom-Wash) etc.

The beauty of pokemon is that an unskilled player is sometimes the greatest threat to a skilled player, because they have absolutely no idea of what they're doing.

155482 For some unknown reason sandstorm is allowed in tournaments even tho its broken, while rain ( without scald waterfall encore working ) is somehow not allowed, unlucky i guess. But in ranked you can play everything.

I guess it's because of the unbalance of the pokemon. (Talonflame but no Rotom-Wash) etc.

in PRO Sand beats Rain, thats the funny part, and still RAIN is forbidden. No scald encore waterfall, gl.

• 4 weeks later...

in PRO Sand beats Rain, thats the funny part, and still RAIN is forbidden. No scald encore waterfall, gl.

Hi there, wanna try to answer even this one kinda late, but better late than never right? xD

Different with the other weather team, rain team is too OP because rain weather will increase +50% extra attack bonus for water move and don't forget the stab and speed from the swim swift ability too.

Here the easy way to make it easy to understand:

[glow=red]Rain team[/glow] = Stab from Water Poke itself 50% + Weather Bonus to Water power 50% + speed from swim swift

[glow=red]Sun team[/glow]= Stab from Fire Poke itself 50% + Weather Bonus to Fire move power 50% [glow=red]OR[/glow]

speed from Chlorophyl + stab said pokemon (not from fire poke, usually just for grass pokes, which makes for a more diverse team)

[glow=red]Sand team[/glow]= Stab from Ground Poke itself 50% + Weather Bonus to Rock type 50% spdeff + speed from sand rush [glow=red]OR[/glow]

+ attack for sand force for steel/ ground/ rock type move 50% [glow=red]OR[/glow]

+ evasion from sand veil (not worked yet i believe)

So that the clear separation, with that speed + stab + bonus weather from rain can OHKO-ed all opposite pokes, since we dont have a complete item/ ability/ pokes too in this game. Also, in showdown/smogon tier gen 5, rain team is banned too because its just too OP, here the link that shows rain team is banned: https://www.smogon.com/bw/banlist/ Hopefully it helps.. xD

and this one just banned on Tournament, you can still use the rain team on ranked tho. :)

Hi there, wanna try to answer even this one kinda late, but better late than never right? xD

Different with the other weather team, rain team is too OP because rain weather will increase +50% extra attack bonus for water move and don't forget the stab and speed from the swim swift ability too.

Here the easy way to make it easy to understand:

[glow=red]Rain team[/glow] = Stab from Water Poke itself 50% + Weather Bonus to Water power 50% + speed from swim swift

[glow=red]Sun team[/glow]= Stab from Fire Poke itself 50% + Weather Bonus to Fire move power 50% [glow=red]OR[/glow]

speed from Chlorophyl + stab said pokemon (not from fire poke, usually just for grass pokes, which makes for a more diverse team)

[glow=red]Sand team[/glow]= Stab from Ground Poke itself 50% + Weather Bonus to Rock type 50% spdeff + speed from sand rush [glow=red]OR[/glow]

+ attack for sand force for steel/ ground/ rock type move 50% [glow=red]OR[/glow]

+ evasion from sand veil (not worked yet i believe)

So that the clear separation, with that speed + stab + bonus weather from rain can OHKO-ed all opposite pokes, since we dont have a complete item/ ability/ pokes too in this game. Also, in showdown/smogon tier gen 5, rain team is banned too because its just too OP, here the link that shows rain team is banned: https://www.smogon.com/bw/banlist/ Hopefully it helps.. xD

and this one just banned on Tournament, you can still use the rain team on ranked tho. :)

So this game is going to follow gen 5 mechanics lol ? in current ou, all weather teams are legal and not at all OP with decent team-building just for a heads up.

So this game is going to follow gen 5 mechanics lol ? in current ou, all weather teams are legal and not at all OP with decent team-building just for a heads up.

No, we did not allow it because some moves/abilities were not working/bugged and hence why Rain teams are not common now a days in ranked AFAIK.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.