Encounters and Encounter Rates

Vegeta

What are your thoughts on encounters and encounter rates?

Personally there are a couple things that have had an issue with, the first being how rare some of the MS spawns are. If I am paying for the ability to find some things that I couldnt normally find, It shouldnt take me 8+ hours of killing pidgeys and rats before I find 1 MS poke. It cost 5k to go into the safari for 20 minutes, Its kind of annoying spending 20 minutes killing exeggcutes and paras in a MEMBERS ONLY AREA THAT I PAYED TO HAVE ACCESS TO(inb4 mute for caps.). The second issue I have is spawn rates of things like Shellder, starters, eevee, and Im sure there are more I havent thought of. When there are more shinys being found then Shellder or Staryu, you dont have balanced spawn rates.

Im not saying things should be easy to find, just not impossible. When I find a shiny before I find a Shinx, which is a poke I pay real money to encounter things probably need adjusting.

I used to be GymLeaderGreen, VVVV Master Race 4 Lyfe

2YECJDc.png

I agree with you 100% on that vegeta, I have not found a Shinx, but I have encountered atleast 3-4 Numel and the other MS poke on victory road, few others in some places, but some seem Almost Impossible to find, and normal pokemon found in Kanto Staryu and Shellder should have increased rates, Lots of people like them 2 water types for PvP Comp but that should not mean they are impossible to find for regular players. But some spawn rates should be adjusted Shinx I wont say needs to be being its a Diff region pokemon, but a very very small + to them would be ok I seen a shiny spinarak and caught a shiny machop so far lol....Have only seen para and Execu in MS only safari lol.

ZcsNFDB.png?

Well, I don't agree this statement. In my opinion it's awesome that these Pokémons are very rare because they won't be worthless in that case. I know it could be very frustrating but it should be a challenge to encounter one of these Pokémons. If you encounter one you will be very happy that's for sure but if they wouldn't be rare like they are at the moment you won't have this awesome feeling.

Just my opinion.

gGdXXlx.gif

Well, I don't agree this statement. In my opinion it's awesome that these Pokémons are very rare because they won't be worthless in that case. I know it could be very frustrating but it should be a challenge to encounter one of these Pokémons. If you encounter one you will be very happy that's for sure but if they wouldn't be rare like they are at the moment you won't have this awesome feeling.

Just my opinion.

When you need to stay more than 10, 24h real hours pressing A then D then A and leaving combat until this pokemon appears, you capture it and you see bad ivs/nature just quit the game.

100% agreed, I can relate to this myself. Spent countless hours hunting for Shroomish, but didn't find a single one, and no longer felt the motivation to hunt for it.

I understand this MMO is suppose to be hardcore, and things are suppose to be a grind to get, but if it's to the point where you're spending 5+ hours finding a poke that may even be a completely useless one that's you can't use, then something is seriously wrong. At this point, there will be about 2% of of actual comp membership pokes in the game

More and more people will find about these ridiculous low spawn rates, and I'm sure more and more people will hesitate to buy membership. If you want business, then don't, as Vegeta said, charge 5k for 20 minutes in the safari and have the membership area incredibly hard to find even a single membership poke. By the time you actually find one, you could of almost certainly bought it off someone for cheaper, or moved onto something more efficient to do, like levelling up your pokes with the 50% EXP bonus with membership.

No disrespect to the staff, this is just me stating my views and opinions.

Need a hand building a team that can withstand any threat?

Check out my Team Building guide below!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=2673

n6B7FWg.png--->0rljaJC.png

Just my opinion.

I dont play pokemon for warm fuzzy feelings, and if I did what you described isnt doing it for me. There are certain things that should be a grind to obtain: respectable amounts of money, shinys, good IV/Nature Pokes, but I went nearly a week before seeing a staryu besides the free one from Olivine. There is nothing so special about Staryu or Shellder, or Houndour, or a lot of other pokes that it should take that long to see people start encountering them. Encounter rates below 1% are just ridiculous for Pokemon that arent shiny and arent guaranteed to be any good. If thats going to be the case, then there needs to be a minimum IV threshold for those specific pokemon or something to make them be worth hunting for at such a low spawn rate; thats really the only way I see it worth anyone's time. Even from a non-comp players perspective, right now people are doing a lot of grinding just to sell things and acquire wealth, from those peoples point of view the issue should be the same. Even with bearable encounter rates we wouldn't be guaranteed anything good with IVs and nature for the most part being RNG based. Increase encounter rates, nerf the synchronize over-world effect to like 25% to balance it out and make hunting and grinding out sought after pokemon actually rewarding.

2YECJDc.png

Ive seen you post pretty much the same token answer on every thread like this, "Its an MMO there should be more grinding going on then in a ....." you get where Im going with that. While I agree with you to an extent that things shouldnt be cannon, they shouldnt be nearly impossible either. MMO's more than anything need balance, especially an MMO like this based around a VERY basic game like pokemon. right now these spawns arent balanced. especially some of the MS pokes, if people are donating for the ability to encounter these things, they shouldnt be THAT rare, just a bonus spawn. Thats like me donating to buy a mount and there only being a 50% that when I click buy button, the mount actually being obtained. Im paying for it, it shouldnt be a pain to get.

2YECJDc.png

I can see the reasoning behind your frustration. However, just because you have paid to have early access to some pokemon, doesn't mean that they will appear on a very common level. Granted, they are hard to find. The basic reason for that is that we compiled around 400 into 2 main regions and a few custom island & areas. Hence where the rarity is formed.

Spawn rates are still incomplete, imbalanced even in some areas. This is why there is a "everything about spawns" sub-forum in the bug resolution center. Which can be found here : https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=85

I have already compiled a report about Shellder and Staryu.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Just my opinion.

[glow=red]I dont play pokemon for warm fuzzy feelings[/glow], and if I did what you described isnt doing it for me. There are certain things that should be a grind to obtain: respectable amounts of money, shinys, good IV/Nature Pokes, but I went nearly a week before seeing a staryu besides the free one from Olivine. There is nothing so special about Staryu or Shellder, or Houndour, or a lot of other pokes that it should take that long to see people start encountering them. Encounter rates below 1% are just ridiculous for Pokemon that arent shiny and arent guaranteed to be any good. If thats going to be the case, then there needs to be a minimum IV threshold for those specific pokemon or something to make them be worth hunting for at such a low spawn rate; thats really the only way I see it worth anyone's time. Even from a non-comp players perspective, right now people are doing a lot of grinding just to sell things and acquire wealth, from those peoples point of view the issue should be the same. Even with bearable encounter rates we wouldn't be guaranteed anything good with IVs and nature for the most part being RNG based. Increase encounter rates, nerf the synchronize over-world effect to like 25% to balance it out and make hunting and grinding out sought after pokemon actually rewarding.

Priceless quotes.

I agree with the rarity of the pokemon but not the fuzzy feelings garbage and, not in a membership only area.

If its something people are already paying for increase the chance in that area

if only by a margin.

Only the inferior talk down on others regardless of their privileges or positions.

Inferior to their community with their heads in the clouds unwilling to evolve.