What Starter to choose

Charminick

Hey everyone so I am having a hard time deciding what starter to choose. I was leaning towards pikachu mainly because of the extra side story. But I am unsure if it is worth it espically cause I heard you can catch a wild Pikachu early in the game in Viridan forest. I was also considering Squirtle because he is one of my all time favorites and charmander see cause I really want Charizsrs. Any suggestions???

I would go Pikachu or Bulba honestly. Bulba is the hardest starter to catch due to having to pay for Safari time, Brock won't be a problem since you can get say a Mankey before facing him. Plus the small extra's from getting Pikachu, like teaching him surf etc.

QRD5EHd.png

I'd pick pikachu just because you get a lot of exclusive extras even late game. Yes you can catch another pikachu and use a different starter, but when the ash cap comes a long, you won't be able to get it without starting as pikachu.

Reconsidering now, if I would start again I would definitely chose Pikachu since it also can learn surf and you can catch regular squirtle bulbasaur and charmander anyways. Thats your only chance to get a Pikachu with surf and for a Future boss fight (jessie and james) you dont need to grind a pikachu up to lvl 100 when u chose Pikachu as a starter

bCXP3Gl.png

• 4 weeks later...

As any starter is catchable for everyone there is not much point in choosing a starter for other than RP reasons. The chances that your starter will be good are very slim, so you'll have to hunt for a good starter anyway.

As mentioned before, Pikachu seems to be a decent choice and is the one I picked as well.

There are some small benefits that only people who chose Pikachu get access to:

- Jessie & James boss no Pikachu needed

- Ash's hat obtainable

- You can teach your Pikachus / Raichus surf

and probably more to come.

If you dislike Pikachu, I'd advise you to go for Charmander to easily get past the 4th gym and unlock trading.

Bulbasaur would be okay as well, just don't pick Squirtle if possible.