PRO on Android - VSync Issue

Nox

Whenever I play PRO on my mobile phone which runs on android, the fps is limited to whatever my VSync is set to. My phone supports 120hz refresh rate, and yet the maximum framerate that I can set my VSync to is 24 fps. I tried to disable VSync but it's not allowing me to change that option. 

What can I do to disable VSync on Android? 😭 I want to play in all of its 120hz glory.

Edited by Nox

On 8/25/2024 at 6:50 AM, Nox said:

Whenever I play PRO on my mobile phone which runs on android, the fps is limited to whatever my VSync is set to. My phone supports 120hz refresh rate, and yet the maximum framerate that I can set my VSync to is 24 fps. I tried to disable VSync but it's not allowing me to change that option. 

What can I do to disable VSync on Android? 😭 I want to play in all of its 120hz glory.

Hello @Nox

Apologies for the late response.

Could you please provide information such as Android version and any relevant screenshots of the issue? I will then be forwarding it to the Developers.

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day,

Fusionflair

image.gif.4659ccad55390ba490df6abd38f1be2b.gif

General Support / Bug Resolution / General Complaint Report Center / Discipline Appeals

Have a question, or facing an issue with something in the game?

->Make a thread to reach out to us in the correct subforum.

Please do not contact us for private support.

Know that, sharing your questions in forums can be useful to other players.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2024 at 10:49 PM, Fusionflair said:

Hello @Nox

Apologies for the late response.

Could you please provide information such as Android version and any relevant screenshots of the issue? I will then be forwarding it to the Developers.

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day,

Fusionflair

Hi @Fusionflair

No worries, as I've forgotten that I submitted this issue in the first place. 😅

Here's how my settings look like while on mobile. No idea why it won't let me uncheck the VSync option. 
My phone is the Google Pixel 9 Pro XL, and it's running the latest android version.

Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20240909-164111.png

On 9/10/2024 at 3:16 AM, Nox said:

Hi @Fusionflair

No worries, as I've forgotten that I submitted this issue in the first place. 😅

Here's how my settings look like while on mobile. No idea why it won't let me uncheck the VSync option. 
My phone is the Google Pixel 9 Pro XL, and it's running the latest android version.

Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20240909-164111.png

Hello there @Nox

I had forwarded the scenario with you to our Developers.

Based on what they said, this is normal on mobile since they have a kind of built in system V-Sync that somehow applies to the game. Though we are not sure why it is only stuck at 24Hz. They said that they'll look into that issue but have recommended for you to install the Legacy client and see how that plays out.

Following is how you can install the Legacy client:

1. Download the Legacy Client under Android section on our Official Downloads Page.

image.png.41071ac3c3481d1b107077fdb6534712.png

2. Uninstall the already installed client.
  3. Install the legacy client that you just downloaded.

About being able to reach higher frame rates due to the phone's high refresh rate capabilities, there is no documentation by Unity on how to handle that. Devs are however using the maximum available frame-rate reported by Unity which just somehow doesn't match the actual capabilities of phones with higher refresh rate.

I hope that the suggestion itself helps and will be keeping this open for you to be able to update us on any developments and to ask any questions if you have any.

Have a great start of the week,

Fusionflair

General Support / Bug Resolution / General Complaint Report Center / Discipline Appeals

Following up on the Vsync issue that I've been having with the regular android client.
After having installed the legacy client, the Vsync isn't limiting itself anymore and I'm able to set it to 120fps.

Thank you for the assistance, I appreciate it. 🙂

3 hours ago, Nox said:

Following up on the Vsync issue that I've been having with the regular android client.
After having installed the legacy client, the Vsync isn't limiting itself anymore and I'm able to set it to 120fps.

Thank you for the assistance, I appreciate it. 🙂

Hello again @Nox

Great to know that it helped to that extent. Since that is the case, I'll be locking this thread as resolved.

Feel free to reach out for help in here in the future.

Kind regards,

Fusionflair

• Like 1