Suggestion to make bike voucher cost more affordable for new players

Q25

6 minutes ago, Q25 said:

yeah but there should be very clear and direct indications that Officer Jenny is the key to obtaining the bike. Around 70% or more of new players are completely unaware of how to earn money through Officer Jenny. They often skip through messages, focusing mainly on catching Pokemon or battling, which is the core appeal of the game.

I experienced this myself, I was quite clueless about Officer Jenny when I first started. I remember struggling with a quest because the instructions weren't obvious enough as a new player who didn't touch Pokemon world for over a decade. Eventually, I gave up on it. I can't recall exactly how I got the money for my first bike, but as far I remember it was quite a struggle without asking anyone for help. What really stuck in my memory was finally being able to buy the bike and then being hit with the unexpected dilemma of choosing its color 😄

The bike is definitely a significant factor for new players. It can either motivate or demotivate someone. I agree that setting the price at 20k or maybe even 25k plus a Ditto would be reasonable for new players, but 40k seems quite high, especially since you earn so little money at the start.

Its a pokemon game sir. Even original game there is no guide and player need to figure out themselves more worst there is no single guide or video during that time. This game even have full guide in forum and very specific guide, cant ask anything more easy. I mean if you want everything to be specific and told by npc dont you think its more like playing tutorial mode and its will be very boring, imagine playing pokemon game in 4 region as tutorial. Also when you mention they always skip text, dont think this is strong points and use it as a reason game is hard. Even myself no idea about bounty jennie too when i start play, but i mostly not spent on anything untill 4th badge as i think its not much necessary.

Anyway i like the idea to adjust the ticket price, but obviously not for 20k. If jt was 20k its literally like playing tutorial and you not do any effort to gain it.

+1

• Checked/Done 1

1 hour ago, Torarudean said:

Its a pokemon game sir. Even original game there is no guide and player need to figure out themselves more worst there is no single guide or video during that time. This game even have full guide in forum and very specific guide, cant ask anything more easy. I mean if you want everything to be specific and told by npc dont you think its more like playing tutorial mode and its will be very boring, imagine playing pokemon game in 4 region as tutorial. Also when you mention they always skip text, dont think this is strong points and use it as a reason game is hard. Even myself no idea about bounty jennie too when i start play, but i mostly not spent on anything untill 4th badge as i think its not much necessary.

Anyway i like the idea to adjust the ticket price, but obviously not for 20k. If jt was 20k its literally like playing tutorial and you not do any effort to gain it.

+1

I think that's a subjective view, especially considering that many players don't have a strong understanding of English. This makes the quest to obtain the bike much more difficult for them due to the Language barrier. Regarding your point about the lack of forums or guides in the past, we have to remember that life moved at a slower pace back then. Comparing Pokémon from around 20 years ago to today's version isn't quite fair. If you consider various psychological aspects and how people have changed, the differences become clear.

Around 20 years ago, a 10-15 year old kid playing Pokémon would likely enjoy exploring, reading, and aimlessly hunting or battling in the wild without worrying about the time spent. There weren't many other games competing with Pokémon, aside from games like Zelda and certainly nothing comparable like Pokemon itself. It had a monopoly in its era, so if you liked the game, you had to find your own way without guides, videos, or forums. That was part of the charm back then, and most of us LOVED that part back in the times. But as comfort has increased over time, fewer and fewer people enjoy exploring or facing challenges. They tend to choose easier options when things become uncomfortable, like asking for help (Pokedollars) in Vermilion City.

However, times have changed, and diving deeper into this would just take us off-topic.

As you mentioned, "it's a Pokémon game", and the primary goals are to complete the story, catch Pokémon, earn money, and engage in PvP or PvE.

uhm, what do you mean by "but obviously not for 20k?" could you give an alternative then and explain why ?
the current price is 40k (if we exclude the Ditto). When players typically reach the point of buying a bike, they usually have around 20k.

Doubling that amount means they would have to double the number of NPC battles and every other activity to afford it.

I think 20k is a fair and balanced price since it's roughly the average net worth of a player when reaching that stage of the game.
Basically, they are exchanging almost everything they have for the increase of mobility.

In my opinion, 30k would still be too much, as it represents a 50% increase over their net worth at that point. So in my opinion 20k seems optimal (bhimoso 2nd suggestion), and adding the requirement of catching a Ditto would be a nice extra challenge. 

Edited by Q25

Alhamdu Lillahi (s.w.t.) Rabbel A'lameen ☝️

The game start off with 10k pokedollar. Doing some jenny quest,fight npc,grind some lvl in grass and you already got 20k in hand by the time you reach pewter city. You barely have any effort to gain the bike. If want easy better ask dev to straight give bike in your bag on starting house. And if you keep see from perspective player that want to get everything easy and spoiled, what about a player that love more challenging experience?

I got your points as this was to help and attract more newbie. But as a gamers myself i play a lot of game i not see any points when developers make the game easy it will help attract more player. The excitement of playing game is when you work on it and achieve it. I dont think many newbie quit so soon because they not got bike, in kanto the point that make many player struggles is in 8th gym and many gave up to fight giovani,not because of "a bike". I think it's pointless to prolong the argument as we have different perspectives as i was a player that looking for more challenging gaming experience while you are vice versa. Goodluck on the suggestion and lets enjoy the game together 🥰

Oh btw you can see from my first post what most fair price in my opinion if i put myself as newbie

Edited by Torarudean
  • Checked/Done 1

4 hours ago, Torarudean said:

The game start off with 10k pokedollar. Doing some jenny quest,fight npc,grind some lvl in grass and you already got 20k in hand by the time you reach pewter city. You barely have any effort to gain the bike. If want easy better ask dev to straight give bike in your bag on starting house. And if you keep see from perspective player that want to get everything easy and spoiled, what about a player that love more challenging experience?

I got your points as this was to help and attract more newbie. But as a gamers myself i play a lot of game i not see any points when developers make the game easy it will help attract more player. The excitement of playing game is when you work on it and achieve it. I dont think many newbie quit so soon because they not got bike, in kanto the point that make many player struggles is in 8th gym and many gave up to fight giovani,not because of "a bike". I think it's pointless to prolong the argument as we have different perspectives as i was a player that looking for more challenging gaming experience while you are vice versa. Goodluck on the suggestion and lets enjoy the game together 🥰

Oh btw you can see from my first post what most fair price in my opinion if i put myself as newbie

I strongly disagree with your argument, as it seems to assume that new players have no outgoing expenses.

If a new player makes some poor choices early on, such as selecting an ineffective starter or not catching other Pokemon soon enough for training, or other mistakes. they start at a disadvantage.

This can lead to more frequent defeats resulting in money losses, and the need to buy items from the market more often, ultimately slowing down game progress.

Exactly!! that’s the whole point! The goal is to make it easier to obtain with minimal effort, instead of leaving players feeling helpless and having to ask others for money in the Vermillion PC, which many of us are experiencing. 

I won't touch your second argument because, as I mentioned in my previous comment, its leading towards off-topic.

Yes, the idea is to set the cost at 20k, or perhaps 25k and adding a extra challenge catching a Ditto.

Edited by Q25

Alhamdu Lillahi (s.w.t.) Rabbel A'lameen ☝️