Server Hosting

Guest TheGameX

Guest TheGameX

Hello everyone,

Since I am new here and only know about the game from the research I have done. I will not pretend I am very knowledgeable about the structure of this MMO. That being said I was wondering something while searching, it seems that there is a interest in this MMO and rightfully so due to the time put in. What seems to be the common issue that i keep seeing is the servers themselves.

Now dont get me wrong I am fully aware of how difficult managing a server with 1000+ users on it can be, but that leads me to my main question. Is the way the game is made/structured not friendly to the "dedicated server" realm of possibilities. For example I currently have a handful of poweredge r720s just sitting in a rack not being used if i was to spin them up, and use them to host a "PRO" server cluster. This would allow for more people to play or even be used as a High Availability resource for the main two servers already in place.

I am sure this has been discussed among the staff and prominent members of this community. This was just a thought that passed over me while reading up on the game.

Thanks.

This is because PRO is built closed source, and controlled in house by our team. The dedicated server route is one we simply dont want to take.

Now, with regards to the server instability, if you take a look on the announcements page, you will see a topic outlining that the blue server is being used as a testbed for debugging and fixing the crash related server errors.

Some people may not like this, but we cant find the nature of these crashes without people playing. Shane has literally been working tirelessly over the last week or so recoding parts of the server so that soon it will be stable enough to stay up for days, not hours at a time.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.