Pokemon 3d model/animations (READ FIRST!!!!)

Dizzycarrot

One of the few reason on why it got rejected, is simply because of the lack of resources. With only Shane as the main Dev and Coder,and 3-4 artist on the team,it would take years. The current graphic is by far the best choice. Easy to use and manipulate. They cant just take volunteers, they would by all means, need to be staff due to few snsitive reasons. Graphic isnt all that important if the content would turn out bad. Its the same as doing a translation, tht cant do it not because they hated it, but because of few reasons that hinder the possibility of having them implement into the game. You also need to be note, that they're all volunteers, doing and managing PRO on their free time, they cant fully focus 100% on fulfiling every players demand. However, I do take your point about how the changes on graphic would attract more.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting Idea. It could work, as Pokemon Showdown is quite a good website, however, personally I really enjoy the sprites, as it fits with the art style. This only issue was that Gen 6 Pokemon didn't have sprites, but apparently they do now so that issue is non existent.

309485_trainercard-TailsPlays.png

Well, this idea (or suggestion) it's good and bad too. I'll try to explain:

In my opinion animated sprites would be better than "3D models" (actually I don't know if a REAL 3D model can be used on PRO), so PRO could use this:

mSLYZ5l.gif

instead of this:

RVmSsYm.gif

(I like both Pikachu's sprites, but I don't like all 3D Pokémon... btw this is my opinion)

But now we get a problem. 6th generation (and the new 7th) has no sprites, only 3D models, so PRO would be forced to use 3D models and staff don't like this idea.

About low-devices could disable the animated sprites (like League of Legends launcher... if someone plays LOL will understand this)

164340 there is no point.

first off, we have custom pokemon, that would mean we would have to make 3D renders of them. which is very time consuming.

secondly. the 3DS sprites arent very good. look at them, i mean really look at them. they were designed for 3rd world hardware. theyre all adge marked, aligned to hell. simply not good enough to use.

Yep, you are right. All 3D models are not really good and, nowadays, PRO has custom sprites (like Talonflame) but... think about the future of PRO. Will you design 6th and 7th generation sprites by yourself? I mean, I think you will want to add all the Pokémon so, you must design them if you don't use 3D models or sprites from original games...

I hope you understand my rare opinion :Frown: See ya! (and sorry about my English)

TL;DR: Add 3D models or sprites will be a good idea in the future of PRO (IN MY OPINION) because it will save a lot of developing time and... to be honest, some of them look really nice ;) Low-devices could disable this option.

Yq5wlZY.gif

Playing Pokémon Moon... I will come back >:)

No, i mean custom pokemon as in 'Shadow Lugia, Crystal Onix, Armored Mewtwo', the Xmas exclusive Pokemon.

I actually prefer the Gen 5 ones, but again, custom pokemon would need custom spriting, also the whole of the Gen 6 pokes would need to be done in gen 5 style animation.

Also, back along we were exploring the possibility of using rendered 3D mesh pokemon, but they looked terrible. This is a 2D game, so better to use 2D sprites.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

i believe pro doesnt need something like that at least at the near future , i mean its better for devs to focus on stabilizing the servers , making moves work then animate them and try to complete (so far ) the game so the people can enjoy playing before they add anything else , also ideas like new areas/guild wars or w/e custom stuff requires less time and rly adds more to the game than 3d pokemons . Also animates spites looks better on this game and they are way lighter .

Well, this idea (or suggestion) it's good and bad too. I'll try to explain:

In my opinion animated sprites would be better than "3D models" (actually I don't know if a REAL 3D model can be used on PRO), so PRO could use this:

mSLYZ5l.gif

instead of this:

RVmSsYm.gif

(I like both Pikachu's sprites, but I don't like all 3D Pokémon... btw this is my opinion)

But now we get a problem. 6th generation (and the new 7th) has no sprites, only 3D models, so PRO would be forced to use 3D models and staff don't like this idea.

About low-devices could disable the animated sprites (like League of Legends launcher... if someone plays LOL will understand this)

164340 there is no point.

first off, we have custom pokemon, that would mean we would have to make 3D renders of them. which is very time consuming.

secondly. the 3DS sprites arent very good. look at them, i mean really look at them. they were designed for 3rd world hardware. theyre all adge marked, aligned to hell. simply not good enough to use.

Yep, you are right. All 3D models are not really good and, nowadays, PRO has custom sprites (like Talonflame) but... think about the future of PRO. Will you design 6th and 7th generation sprites by yourself? I mean, I think you will want to add all the Pokémon so, you must design them if you don't use 3D models or sprites from original games...

I hope you understand my rare opinion :Frown: See ya! (and sorry about my English)

TL;DR: Add 3D models or sprites will be a good idea in the future of PRO (IN MY OPINION) because it will save a lot of developing time and... to be honest, some of them look really nice ;) Low-devices could disable this option.

THIS to the max. if 3d models are a no go. then animated sprites would be the next best thing (probably the best as it's less time consuming and would work even on android devices)

pokemon_signature__boxed_by_rainingknote-d6qs3m5.png

164762 THIS to the max. if 3d models are a no go. then animated sprites would be the next best thing (probably the best as it's less time consuming and would work even on android devices)

I think animated sprites would be the best option if implemented. Just because it's impossible to extract the 3D mode from an original game and too hard add that to PRO (the scripting I mean). Btw that Pikachu "3D model" is a GIF, so it's an image like current sprites in the game. Well actually I don't know how PRO is coded so I don't talk about this... :Crazy:

And, to be honest, I don't really care about animated sprites but I think this can save a lot of job time to the staff :D

Yq5wlZY.gif

Playing Pokémon Moon... I will come back >:)