Community Muting System

Caspar

Hi guys, I was talking to foxys about having a self-regulated muting system by the people, you. My idea was to have a new option when right clicking people's names would give an option 'Mute' or a better name, haven't thought of a fitting name.. but clicking that option would require a certain amount of votes by the community to punish the person in a form of a mute. Repeated offenses increases the mute. I am not sure how many people would be ideal for having the mute go through, trying to avoid it being abusable by a witch-hunts or something similar. I am bringing this up because, today, I saw someone mass spamming non-sense repeatedly in 'all' and 'trade' chat. I don't the difficulty of adding something like this is but I feel it would make the staff life much easier and they can be playing more often themselves rather than having to regulate the chat most of the time... and to be honest, I really hate spammers and trolls =]

thanks for reading!

4ef1544e56.png

signature_caspar.png

180994 Hi guys, I was talking to foxys about having a self-regulated muting system by the people, you. My idea was to have a new option when right clicking people's names would give an option 'Mute' or a better name, haven't thought of a fitting name.. but clicking that option would require a certain amount of votes by the community to punish the person in a form of a mute. Repeated offenses increases the mute. I am not sure how many people would be ideal for having the mute go through, trying to avoid it being abusable by a witch-hunts or something similar. I am bringing this up because, today, I saw someone mass spamming non-sense repeatedly in 'all' and 'trade' chat. I don't the difficulty of adding something like this is but I feel it would make the staff life much easier and they can be playing more often themselves rather than having to regulate the chat most of the time... and to be honest, I really hate spammers and trolls =]

thanks for reading!

as good as a suggestion this is, i can see how this could easily be abused and turned the other way as people could 'group' up and target an individual then it would be the easily way to bully someone, this is just my opinion on this type of suggestion tho

Unofficial Pokemon Revolution Online Discord Bot

180994 Hi guys, I was talking to foxys about having a self-regulated muting system by the people, you. My idea was to have a new option when right clicking people's names would give an option 'Mute' or a better name, haven't thought of a fitting name.. but clicking that option would require a certain amount of votes by the community to punish the person in a form of a mute. Repeated offenses increases the mute. I am not sure how many people would be ideal for having the mute go through, trying to avoid it being abusable by a witch-hunts or something similar. I am bringing this up because, today, I saw someone mass spamming non-sense repeatedly in 'all' and 'trade' chat. I don't the difficulty of adding something like this is but I feel it would make the staff life much easier and they can be playing more often themselves rather than having to regulate the chat most of the time... and to be honest, I really hate spammers and trolls =]

thanks for reading!

as good as a suggestion this is, i can see how this could easily be abused and turned the other way as people could 'group' up and target an individual then it would be the easily way to bully someone, this is just my opinion on this type of suggestion tho

yeah, i said that in the post.. was thinking of a way or number to prevent a witch-hunt or ganging up on someone. Was thinking if you're the person getting voted for a mute, you can see the names reporting you and to report the names who are ganging up on you without a reason to.

4ef1544e56.png

signature_caspar.png

thanks for reading!

Like you and Aussie said it could easily be abused. Not a bad suggestion but not everyone can be trusted with that sort of ability.

Honestly "/ignore" and a report on the forum fixes the issue.

3aTirvj.png

Check out PRO's Official Discord:

https://discord.gg/FdtDfG4

I feel like there is a good handful of people who don't know the /ignore command. Sucks that their experience is getting ruined by trolls and spammers. The abuse system, i feel like there is a sure-proof way but cannot think of it right now.

4ef1544e56.png

signature_caspar.png

181048 If you get annoyed by trolls/spammers you more likely aren't mature enough to play online games that part of gaming nowadays.

Sigh.. who wouldn't get annoyed by someone spamming a chat making it impossible to read what others are actually saying? I'm trying to sell something and someone is spamming it away so that no one can see it, but if I get annoyed by that I'm not mature? What if I saw a Pokemon go up for sale and I didn't catch the guys name before it got spammed away, I guess I must not be mature if that annoyed me too? I don't know when maturity levels started getting gauged by what annoys you, but I think it's quite silly.

Anyway, it does seem difficult to prevent abusing your suggestion unless there was some kind of system put in place alongside it. For instance, something that only toggles the voting for people active in the community? I have no idea lol

181048 If you get annoyed by trolls/spammers you more likely aren't mature enough to play online games that part of gaming nowadays.

Sigh.. who wouldn't get annoyed by someone spamming a chat making it impossible to read what others are actually saying? I'm trying to sell something and someone is spamming it away so that no one can see it, but if I get annoyed by that I'm not mature? What if I saw a Pokemon go up for sale and I didn't catch the guys name before it got spammed away, I guess I must not be mature if that annoyed me too? I don't know when maturity levels started getting gauged by what annoys you, but I think it's quite silly.

Anyway, it does seem difficult to prevent abusing your suggestion unless there was some kind of system put in place alongside it. For instance, something that only toggles the voting for people active in the community? I have no idea lol

Well how you explain it it make sense kind of but if there a ignore function that should be enough is part of the game and to tell you the truth sometimes that how life works and you've to deal with it. Its annoying sure but meh.