Show a annoncement of a caught Pokemon

Artorias7

I think a good implementation towards release would be to add a system announcement in chat that shows the exact Pokemon that is caught during a wild encounter.

This is a feature that a lot of people will be familiar with, especially with the earlier series of the Pokemon games.

In my opinion, this feature will give a greater feel of accomplishment and progress that going back to a poke center just for information has diminished.

- Marjinator

I beg to differ in a game where the only way access a caught Pokemon info would be to go all the way back to the pokecenter.

In Runescape, the information that is provided - like being informed that you have achieved a certain milestone - can be used immediately; for example,"you hit level 10 attack" is immediately translated to the player as, "you can use a better weapon" and therefore the player can stop grinding and get a better weapon before they resume.

In PRO, if your party is full and you are in the grind to catch a good Pokemon, the information about the Pokemon you catch is hidden behind an extra barrier of stopping your grind just to see if you have achieved your milestone of getting a decent Pokemon.

This barrier is unnecessary and isn't fun when you're playing for only a limited time per day (work, school, etc.).

As a player why should i have to judge how many Pokemon i would need to catch in order to determine the probability of catching one i am comfortable with?

183487 I think something like a dex pop u of the pokemon caught would be a good idea, or even if a chat notification with a link to the pokemon would show up is fine but more like it only shows up to you, not to everyone on the game.

this is what i am suggesting, sorry if i didn't word it clear enough.

183006 honestly this sounds a lot like runescape. I haven't played runescape since middle school when I was like 15, but I know nowadays they announce when someone gets a certain skill or achievement. It sounds more annoying than helpful.

I think something like a dex pop u of the pokemon caught would be a good idea, or even if a chat notification with a link to the pokemon would show up is fine but more like it only shows up to you, not to everyone on the game. Since people catch pokemon all the time, i think he meant only for you to see not everyone else as well. But i agree something would be nice to know what you caught when you caught it instead of having to keep going back to pc or even waste time catching multiple when you found the one you wanted but don't know it yet.

183006 honestly this sounds a lot like runescape. I haven't played runescape since middle school when I was like 15, but I know nowadays they announce when someone gets a certain skill or achievement. It sounds more annoying than helpful.

Imagine if in Runescape, you didn't have a skills tab, and the only way to know what your skills were was to go to the nearest town and talk to a some random guy.

That is the current state of PRO and what my suggestion is trying to diminish.

Clarification, I'm not against the idea of client side messages to specific players. But I wouldn't want to server-wide messages like Player01 caught epic weedle!!! or Player01 just beat the kanto elite four!!

Messages that only go to individual players such as: You caught a weedle with x iv attack y iv defense..... and it's nature is IMPISH.

That would be nice.

Runescape sucks because if someone gets some major achievement, they force every player on the server to see the accomplishment. KRYPTOS JUST GOT LEVEL 99 FISHING!!! << lol

Check out my Youtube Game Guides

I think something like a dex pop u of the pokemon caught would be a good idea, or even if a chat notification with a link to the pokemon would show up is fine but more like it only shows up to you, not to everyone on the game.

This is what i was suggesting, sorry if i didn't word it clear enough.